Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Portugal

6 replies

notevenamum1 · 12/08/2021 23:37

Has anyone been to Portugal recently? Would love to get your insider knowledge on how your trip went with all the restrictions and testing. We were planning on going to Greece but it’s working out just far too expensive so considering Lisburn instead despite the need for an extra test on the way out.

OP posts:
Please
or

Rachie20 · 13/08/2021 10:50

Had a great time in lIsbon and restrictions had no impact.

Please
or

ChaseTheSun · 13/08/2021 11:07

We got back from the Algarve last week. It was an amazing trip. We had to test before we went. The airplane’s were quieter than usual, so was Faro airport. We went through passport control and had collected luggage within 25 mins.

The resorts were quieter than usual but everything was open. It was really nice as nothing was overly crowded. We tested 2 days before coming home and dropped the tests in a drop box. All very easy.

The plane home again was quieter than usual. The airport was also a dream-passport control was empty! I couldn’t believe it given the horror stories we’d heard and the nightmare we were expecting.

I’ll admit that the tests did add a great deal to the stress of a holiday but we felt that the risks were worth it.

Please
or

pinkhousesarebest · 14/08/2021 10:45

We are in Lisbon, going to Porto tomorrow. Very Covid aware but nothing that impacts on our enjoyment. Utterly fabulous.

Please
or

OatyBarKid · 14/08/2021 10:51

We're currently in Portugal, not a tourist destination though as visiting family.

Everything here is pretty much normal, just have to wear a mask much as the UK. Tests are easy enough to do. Flight was half empty and airports quiet. So hot though, very much enjoying the siesta lifestyle!

Please
or

Window1 · 14/08/2021 10:56

@ChaseTheSun

We got back from the Algarve last week. It was an amazing trip. We had to test before we went. The airplane’s were quieter than usual, so was Faro airport. We went through passport control and had collected luggage within 25 mins.

The resorts were quieter than usual but everything was open. It was really nice as nothing was overly crowded. We tested 2 days before coming home and dropped the tests in a drop box. All very easy.

The plane home again was quieter than usual. The airport was also a dream-passport control was empty! I couldn’t believe it given the horror stories we’d heard and the nightmare we were expecting.

I’ll admit that the tests did add a great deal to the stress of a holiday but we felt that the risks were worth it.

Did you test before you left Uk as not doubled jabbed or does everyone need to test?

So in all is it three tests for one holiday? One before you go, one before you return, one on day two after arrival home?

How much was that per test please?
Please
or

ChaseTheSun · 14/08/2021 16:01

We’re double jabbed so no quarantine. I can’t remember the exact cost per jab but as we flew EasyJet, we got a discount with Randox Health. We used their Amber Test packs which consisted of a test prior to leaving the UK, a test to take with us to Portugal which you take 3 days prior to leaving for the UK, and a day 2 test to be taken in the UK.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?