My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Calais - accommodation advice

2 replies

MaggieW · 11/10/2002 19:44

I'm trying to organise a day and night away for a group of around 6 Mums - to celebrate our first year as Mums. I was thinking of Calais and hope someone may be able to recommend somewhere to stay. Ideally it'd be somewhere with a nice restaurant so that we could have a relaxed evening and have a meal there. However, I'm open to suggestions!

OP posts:
triplets · 14/10/2002 21:32

Hi Maggie,
Not Calais, but I know of a super place near St Omer. Its called Chateau Holtz, run by Thea who is English, married to Eric a frenchman. Its part of their house they rent for self catering, two bedrooms that can sleep six or accomodation for four in the main house. I recommend it because Thea is the most brilliant cook, and she will cook you a 3 course meal for around £9 a head, knock on the door, lay the table, leave your wonderful meal, and tell you to put the washing up outside the door! You can all sit and have drinks and nibbles around your own log fire whilst waiting! We have been twice in the last year, and are going again in Nov for a weekend. Its £150 for three nights for the accomodation, not per head! Thirty five minutes from Calais!
If you want more details e-mail me at
[email protected]
Good luck!

Marina · 14/10/2002 22:57

Chateau Holtz sounds lovely, Triplets...I think you recommended it before, so I shall make sure to note the details this time.
We stayed in the Bretagne, a pleasant hotel with an excellent restaurant in St Omer itself (nice town, this part of France is really underrated).
Or, also nearby, is the famous Chateau de Tilques. Supposed to be very grand but when we were shopping around and e-mailed them about accommodation for toddlers - I trust you are all leaving your babies at home MaggieW - they were incredibly friendly and helpful.
What a nice trip to be organising, I hope you all have a brilliant time.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.