Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Passport turnaround time

7 replies

BluebellCockleshell123 · 09/08/2021 08:05

Has anyone applied recently? Hope long did it take? Just realised mine has expired and supposed to be going away in 2 weeks!

OP posts:
Please
or

PeonyTime · 09/08/2021 08:12

When we did ours and June, the website said 10 weeks. In reality, it took just over 1 week, but with just 2 weeks to travel I think I'd be doing it via same day appointment.

Please
or

BluebellCockleshell123 · 09/08/2021 08:15

Thanks. All the same day & urgent appointments are booked at my local office until the holiday starts. I’ll call the passport office today but that’s really helpful to know that your regular application didn’t take too long.

OP posts:
Please
or

Whatisthisarghhh · 09/08/2021 10:49

Sent my 2 DC's beginning of July and got one back within 3 weeks but still waiting on the other. If you do really want to go away I would definitely not do an online application. I think the same day and urgent appointments often get cancelled or moved so I would be constantly checking to see if you can find one. It might be worth looking at other locations as well. Good luck!

Please
or

Theworldisfullofgs · 09/08/2021 10:54

Online application, it took just over 2 weeks for DS's passport.
I'd look to see where you could get a same day appointment elsewhere.

Please
or

Postbox123 · 09/08/2021 16:09

I’m stuck in passport renewal hell at the moment. Sent sons in 22/07, docs received 2 days later, nothing since. I’ve rang, emailed, tweeted. They have my travel date (Sunday!!) but nothing can speed it up. The best bet would be try and get a cancellation at the office. I really think we will miss our holiday at this rate

Please
or

GlomOfNit · 09/08/2021 19:18

DS's expired this year and we were also scared by the 10 week possible delay, but we did it digitally (getting a decent photo of him was the main hurdle!) and it returned in about 9 days I think. That was about 4-5 weeks ago from application. Things have changed since, with further relaxation of travel rules, so yours might not be as speedy.

Please
or

Postbox123 · 10/08/2021 10:08

Just had a call, it’s been approved and is awaiting printing, I still have hope! Shaking with joy, thanks for all the hand holding!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?