Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Airport PCR

9 replies

BLACKTUESDAY1 · 07/08/2021 17:22

We are flying to Majorca next Saturday....hopefully. 6am flight. 2 teens having pre-flight PCR express tests at the airport Friday evening and we are staying overnight in airport hotel. Results will be emailed within 3 hours. If one is positive then obviously we will turn car round and go home 😥. ...but my fear is one comes back inconclusive. Test centre will be closed by that point and flight too early for retest when open. Would we have any options at all? This is all so stressful 😫

OP posts:
Please
or

IsabellesMissingSock · 07/08/2021 17:24

Can you rebook it for the day before? That way there will be time to re-do if inconclusive (which is an unlikely result, but not impossible).

Please
or

Cocomade · 07/08/2021 17:25

Can you get the test earlier?
My DH flys for work and has had a crazy amount of airport tests and all have been fine.

Please
or

BLACKTUESDAY1 · 07/08/2021 17:31

Unfortunately we can't do an earlier one due to work commitments. This was the only option. It is no fun packing and planning with the thoughr that it might not happen. I'd accept a positive but an inconclusive would be hard to take. Will do LFTs on dcs before we go to hopefully have some idea. Your dh having no issues gives me some hope. The time at the hotel waiting for the results will be super stressful...I hope the bar's well stocked!!

OP posts:
Please
or

BLACKTUESDAY1 · 07/08/2021 17:34

I am isolating them as much as possible. Won't even let them go to the hairdressers before we go!

OP posts:
Please
or

BLACKTUESDAY1 · 09/08/2021 07:37

We've been so worried about this we've ended up ordering postal pcr tests from C19 as well. Hopefully they should come on Tuesday , rush home at lunch to test dcs on Wednesday at 11am and pop in priority box. Will hopefully have a result before we leave on Friday. If anything goes wrong I have the drive through tests as a back up. Very expensive but we got an excellent deal on the holiday so we are looking at it that way. If I get their result back 24 hours before the drive through tests are booked I can cancel them for a refund. Has anyone used C19 for pre-flight pcr and if so what was the time to results? Thanks😊

OP posts:
Please
or

HarebrightCedarmoon · 09/08/2021 07:40

We're having airport ones but only antigen ones which are quicker to get the results back.

Please
or

BLACKTUESDAY1 · 09/08/2021 07:47

I really wish the antigen were acceptable but has to be PCR and due to the time we go the centre will be closed when our results are due. I have nightmares of waiting but no email comes and I wouldn't be able to contact anyone. It will be so stressful waiting. Hoping the postal option works well!

OP posts:
Please
or

EileenGC · 09/08/2021 07:59

My day 2 test last week was from a provider who offered the same package for amber arrivals, or pre-departure PCRs. I took the test on Friday 4pm, posted it 5pm and had my results 26 hours later. Good luck, it’s definitely doable!

Please
or

BLACKTUESDAY1 · 09/08/2021 08:36

That's good to hear Eileen. Certainly gives me hope !

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?