Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Has anyone travelled recently with only hand luggage?

4 replies

RupertTheBear · 07/08/2021 11:59

I can't find an answer to this by googling so I'm hoping someone has travelled recently and can help me. My DD and I are flying to Faro with jet2 on Monday. For various reasons, DH and DS went yesterday with all our luggage so DD and I are travelling with hand luggage only. When DH and DS went, all the documents (vaccinations, test results etc) were checked when they dropped their cases. Normally if travelling hand luggage only, we would go straight to security but can't work out how that will work and if we need documents checking first? Does anyone know?

OP posts:
Please
or

greywell · 07/08/2021 16:36

If you have done online check in (where they have also checked your documents), go straight to security. Returning from Crete with BA recently, online check in wasn't available, so we had to check in at the bag drop.

Please
or

Mumtofourandnomore · 07/08/2021 23:02

Yes, we travelled to Greece with only hand luggage last week and have just returned. They checked our Covid info at the gate instead (we had checked in online and went straight there). They did huff and puff a bit (particularly on the way back as there was only one member of staff and we had to wait until the end of the queue) but there were no issues. People who have checked luggage in get some kind of slip at the check in desk which we didn’t have - but as long as your Covid tests are in order there’s no issue.

Please
or

RupertTheBear · 08/08/2021 11:39

Great- thank you!

OP posts:
Please
or

ImInStealthMode · 08/08/2021 15:42

Can't be 100% for Jet2 but easyJet are currently asking hand luggage passengers to go to the check in desk do have their documents checked before going through security.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?