Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Jersey

3 replies

DeathWinsAGolfish · 05/08/2021 22:45

Evening lovely people.

We're off back to Jersey this weekend, lived there for a decade, but not back since 1999.

Where would you recommend to eat? We've looked on Tripadvisor for our old haunts, some are still there, some not.

No food off bounds at all. Thank you.

OP posts:
Please
or

DeathWinsAGolfish · 06/08/2021 14:35

Tiny bump...

OP posts:
Please
or

Constantcrayfish · 07/08/2021 10:15

Hope you’re enjoying the weather!

We’ve got a few new places that serve excellent coffee and interesting food although more daytime than evening. Locke’s is excellent, as the Yard at Jersey Museum and Cargo, its sister place on the Esplanade.

Number Ten restaurant is very good indeed, but you may not be able to book for this weekend. Terre Italia at the Weighbridge gets good reviews, and is run by Jersey food legend Vicky Boarder.

I think those are the more interesting places I can think of. Obviously still lots of decent seafood to be found. I usually recommend the barbecue at Faulkner Fisheries out at l’Etacq but not the weather for it.

Please
or

DeathWinsAGolfish · 09/08/2021 10:45

@Constantcrayfish thank you so much for your reply, it's just lovely to be back, we've spent quite a bit of time just driving / walking around visiting old haunts and seeing the changes.

We're off to the zoo later, we were lucky enough to be part of the hospital theatre team that worked along side of the vets on the primates, such a privilege.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?