Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Predictions for 2022 holidays

3 replies

Rosemary5 · 05/08/2021 15:30

Do you think we will still have all these tests in place?
Or once more of the countries are double jabbed will it we be able to fly without testing?
I know no one knows but what are your thoughts?

OP posts:
Please
or

QueenCoconut · 06/08/2021 15:07

Based on the latest announcement from the US government I think it will become normal to travel freely if you’re double vaccinated.
I think it will also include kids as most countries are vaccinating over 12’s.
There will most likely still be some kind of a watchlist in place for ‘red’ countries and monitoring of new waves.

I also really hope PCR tests will not be needed for those who are vaccinated but that’s just being hopeful.

Please
or

ArabellaPilkington · 06/08/2021 16:29

I'm more worried about next year than this. My DC are currently just 15 and 17, almost 18. Not worried about the 17 year old as he will be jabbed this month - but who knows when my 15 yr old will be jabbed....she's not 16 til August so could screw up any holiday plans we have for July.....

As pp days, I think most countries will expect over 12s to be jabbed and show proof.

Who knows if these tests will continue?

Please
or

Aposterhasnoname · 06/08/2021 16:31

I think tests will be ditched for double jabbed, vaccination requirements are here to stay though.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?