Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

News just in- Portugal no longer approving Indian made AZ vaccines

13 replies

KnottyKnitting · 03/08/2021 09:02

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/portugal-refusing-recognise-indian-astrazeneca-24674050.amp Reports this morning that Portugal have not approved the Indian made AZ vaccine and travellers will have to isolate for 14 days. ( The link is to an article in the mirror but it’s also in all the other papers too.)

I am already here in the Algarve ( we have a place out here) no problems getting through customs at Faro last week with my Vaccine passport ( one of which was the Indian made version.) Unfortunately DH is supposed to be coming out next week and one of his vaccines was also the Indian made one.
They are very Covid secure here. Vaccine passports have to be shown to eat inside, everyone still wearing masks etc.

Portugal rely so heavily on tourism which is beginning to pick up here are they really going to go through with this or is it just more exaggerated “fake news?”

OP posts:
Please
or

JammyDozen · 03/08/2021 09:08

The recognition or otherwise of the Indian AZ vaccines seems to have dropped out of the news. Last I heard was a report of Boris saying it would all be sorted out, which was probably over a month ago now. Hopefully someone will have more info on this. I’ve had one of these doses and don’t feel I can boom anything until there is a comprehensive answer.

Please
or

JammyDozen · 03/08/2021 09:08

Book.

Please
or

KnottyKnitting · 03/08/2021 09:16

I know this was first reported about a month ago but this is an update from late yesterday

OP posts:
Please
or

JammyDozen · 03/08/2021 13:14

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I meant that I’m interested in developments on this subject too since it all went very quiet.

Please
or

Home06 · 03/08/2021 13:30

We are going tomorrow. DH has one dose of the Indian vaccine. Not sure what to do now.

Please
or

KnottyKnitting · 03/08/2021 14:56

@Home06-Let me know how you get on. They certainly weren't checking batch numbers of people I know who flew out here last Friday.
It's all just nuts- it's exactly the same bloody vaccine!

OP posts:
Please
or

loopsngeorge · 03/08/2021 16:56

I should think going tomorrow he will be fine, there has been no official announcement yet. I have one of those batch numbers and got in no problem last week. One thing I did was screenshot a tweet from the UK embassy in Portugal saying that there was currently no issue with any vaccine being not accepted. You could check their twitter to see if it's been updated at all?

Please
or

Home06 · 03/08/2021 17:22

Thank you. Just checked that and it looks ok.

Please
or

Home06 · 04/08/2021 11:36

@KnottyKnitting We are here. No problems with vaccines. 🙏☀️

Please
or

KnottyKnitting · 04/08/2021 12:48

Ooh thanks! @Home06 Where are
You staying?

OP posts:
Please
or

KnottyKnitting · 04/08/2021 13:43

Also just seen this.

News just in- Portugal no longer approving Indian made AZ vaccines
OP posts:
Please
or

Home06 · 04/08/2021 16:38

That's good news. We're in Carvoeiro.

Please
or

KnottyKnitting · 04/08/2021 18:47

Have a lovely time! Weather here is just gorgeous!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?