Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Pateley Bridge area

9 replies

Lulu1919 · 29/07/2021 18:13

Hi staying between P Bridge and Harrogate
Having a fab time....but I need a meal out...we are self catering ...
Any thoughts or suggestions ..
Also looking for Curd Tarts and Parkin ...

OP posts:
Please
or

Padamae · 29/07/2021 19:34

Harrogate has some great restaurants. Particularly recommend Saranda but there is pretty much any cuisine that you could want there.

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 30/07/2021 04:26

Parkin is seasonal (bonfire night) so you might not be able to get it at this time of year.

Thomas is a local small chain bakery that might have curd tarts and there's a branch in Knaresborough, which is a picturesque small town to visit (likely to be busy though).

www.thomasthebaker.co.uk/store-locator.html

Please
or

BarbaraofSeville · 30/07/2021 04:28

Just seen that there's a curd tart
in the picture at the top of this link, which is a good sign.

Might also find them in independents, but wondering if they've fallen out of favour. They used to have them in Greggs round here when I worked there in the 1990s.

Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 30/07/2021 06:36

The Wellington Inn at Darley

Please
or

Shieldingending · 30/07/2021 06:57

Olley's at Pately Bridge is good if you like Italian

Please
or

Lovestosing · 31/07/2021 20:10

In Harrogate Sassos does lovely Italian food but it’s a bit pricey, Giannis Brio is also good for Italian, Cardamom Black is good for Indian Food, Sukhothai is also lovely. The Royal Baths Chinese is a bit pricey but in beautiful surroundings. There are plenty of great restaurants and cafes to choose from. Betty’s curd tart is the best (in my opinion) and yes it’s pricey but it’s a treat. Don’t be out off by the queue if you’re only want to go to the shop you can usually go straight in. As a PP mentioned Parkin is a bonfire night treat so I doubt you’ll find any. Enjoy! Smile

Please
or

garlictwist · 01/08/2021 07:50

This is going to be a spectacularly unhelpful post, but I often cycle through Pateley and there is a lovely bakery in the village that I always go to. However I cannot remember the name. It's slightly up the hill from the Spa just before the chippy. I wouldn't be surprised if they do parkin, even now.

Please
or

garlictwist · 01/08/2021 07:52

(that's the hill towards Summer Bridge leaving the village, not the big massive hill towards Greenhow)

Please
or

Lulu1919 · 08/08/2021 18:53

Thank you all
We had an awesome weeks holiday !!!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?