Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Log cabin

8 replies

Sparkles556 · 29/07/2021 09:22

I’ve googled for ages but can’t seem to find somewhere suitable. I’m wanting to stay in a log cabin that isn’t too far from a town/village that has restaurants/bars/things to do. Or even on a log cabin type holiday park. I live in Manchester and ideally don’t want to travel for more than 2 hours. Has anyone got any recommendations?

OP posts:
Please
or

emmathedilemma · 29/07/2021 12:18

White cross bay in the Lake District.

Please
or

Cocomade · 29/07/2021 12:23

KP lodges in Pocklington (York)

Please
or

NotMeNoNo · 29/07/2021 12:25

Trawsfynydd holiday village, North Wales. Not too far from Porthmadog or Dolgellau.

Please
or

whoopsnomore · 29/07/2021 12:26

Or Forest Holidays - various sites across the UK

Please
or

chesterelly · 29/07/2021 12:32

We are just back from The Hollies in Cheshire. It's not really near anything except a lush farm shop and cafe (all same owners). The lodge itself was fantastic, really close to Delamere forest for activities and 5/10 minutes from some nice places to eat

Please
or

MrsBungle · 29/07/2021 12:33

Forest holidays. Fab locations.

Please
or

emmathedilemma · 29/07/2021 13:17

Forest holidays lodges and sites are lovely but possibly more remote than the OP wants?

Please
or

BarberQueue · 29/07/2021 14:11

Alton Towers has log cabins to stay in. Fits your brief of restaurants and things to do and within two hours of Manchester.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?