Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Jordan 2023

10 replies

doistayordoigo · 24/07/2021 15:02

Thinking about doing a tour of Jordan in 2023 but I'm struggling to decide which company is the best to go with. We'll be 2 adults, and want to visit Petra for two days, would like an overnight in Wadi Rum and want to go to the Dead Sea. Not too bothered about Aqaba, but also don't mind if it's included as long as it not at the sacrifice of the places we really want to see.

Would prefer a small group tour rather than private, but I'm finding it hard to find a group tour that includes an overnight at Wadi Rum. Has anyone got any recommendations of companies to use, as there may be some I've missed.

OP posts:
Please
or

Padamae · 25/07/2021 17:46

I’m currently planning the same. We’ve been looking at Stubborn Mule travel. Would be interested in other recommendations as well.

Please
or

doistayordoigo · 25/07/2021 19:14

Not come across Stubborn Mule before, but they seem very geared
towards families, and are also solely private tours I think? No problem with kids but would prefer a group tour.

OP posts:
Please
or

PrettyLittleFlies · 25/07/2021 19:19

Two whole days in Petra? Honestly I couldn't wait to get out of there, the place smella like a giant urinal.

Please
or

Jellifer · 25/07/2021 19:27

I think Travelsphere do a group tour with an overnight in Wadi Rum, not done that one but can recommend as a good company to use.

Please
or

doistayordoigo · 25/07/2021 20:36

PrettyLittleFlies Most people have said that Petra is so big it takes two days to fully appreciate it, which is why I've said two days. Where did you prefer?

Jellifer I'll have a look at Travelsphere.

Does anyone have any experience of Explore! They've got a tour which seems to tick most of the boxes, but only includes a couple of hours at the Dead Sea - not sure whether I'd prefer an overnight?

OP posts:
Please
or

mrsrobin · 26/07/2021 15:35

I have been with Explore - they were great - it would depend on the tour leader a bit though. They were very professional and efficient and I would go with them again.

Please
or

doistayordoigo · 26/07/2021 18:27

mrsrobin That's good to know, still not sure about no overnight at the Dead Sea but I think we are going to have to compromise somewhere.

OP posts:
Please
or

whiteroseredrose · 26/07/2021 18:41

You can do it yourself really easily. And then you can do exactly what you want (without having to make small talk!).

We will hopefully be going for 8 or 9 days when Covid permits.

Please
or

whiteroseredrose · 26/07/2021 18:45

If you want a tour Travel Local based in Bristol can be as flexible as you like.

Please
or

doistayordoigo · 26/07/2021 21:21

We want a group tour though, we've done s four day private tour in Sri Lanka and whilst we enjoyed it, we found it hard to chat to each other freely when it was just us and a guide/driver. We'd rather have a small group of other people to chat too. Plus, I'm quite an anxious traveller (at the moment, hoping that will change) and would prefer the comfort of a group.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?