Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Durham passport office phone number?

21 replies

Swissroll1 · 21/07/2021 09:40

Long shot - does anyone have a direct phone number? Not the general helpline...

OP posts:
Please
or

travellingagain · 29/07/2021 15:04

I’ve been trying to find out the same thing! Any joy?

Please
or

Swissroll1 · 29/07/2021 15:41

Sorry no, but my passport did come! I emailed and called the main number several times. Whether that helped it progress, I doubt, but I now have it. Took 3.5 weeks for a first application

OP posts:
Please
or

travellingagain · 29/07/2021 15:59

Thanks so much for replying!! So pleased for you!!! What a relief.

Was that 3.5 weeks from receiving your old passport or from application? We only have 15 days left now so I’m not feeling confident.

I’ve also rung and they were very kind but not sure there is much they can do. May I ask who you emailed?

Anyway, brilliant news you have yours. Smile

Please
or

Swissroll1 · 29/07/2021 16:23

It was from receiving documents. Ours was an overseas application so probably took a little longer than average. If you are travelling and have proof, send proof of your trip to [email protected] with the subject line as follows “Urgent – date of travel xx/xx/xx” - they say they can’t expedite it but I think maybe they do have some kind of prioritisation. Who knows. Good luck!

OP posts:
Please
or

travellingagain · 29/07/2021 16:38

Thank you. That’s really helpful. I’ll email them. Lesson learnt to regularly check all passports!!

Appreciate you replying!!

Please
or

HeavenHotel · 03/08/2021 11:22

@Swissroll1 did you actually get anyone to reply to that email?

I've got a nightmare. I accidentally sent my own passport back instead of my kid's old passport.

So now neither of us have a passport! We're flying out in 18 days. I feel so sick.

I phoned them but after waiting 4 hours to actually talk to someone they said to email

[email protected]

But nobody has got back to me (what a suppose)!

I've also done the online query message, which they said they get back to me in 24 hours! Yeah of course they haven't!

So did anyone reply to you? Can't believe I've mucked up like this!

Please
or

Swissroll1 · 03/08/2021 11:42

@HeavenHotel - they did reply to my first email after just over 24 hours. The follow up email to that took them about a week to reply to, by which point my passport had arrived.

Try the email address i posted further above? I would also private message them on Twitter as they are most responsive on there and reply usually same day.

OP posts:
Please
or

HeavenHotel · 03/08/2021 11:47

Oh god swiss I love you! Hahaa

Can't believe they gave me the wrong email address!!!

Off to Twitter!

Please
or

HeavenHotel · 05/08/2021 09:18

@travellingagain did you get the passport?
According to www.passportwaitingtime.co.uk passports are only taking a couple of weeks!

Please
or

Whatisthisarghhh · 05/08/2021 12:35

@HeavenHotel we are waiting on a child renewal. Sent 2 off together early July and one has been returned but the other looks to have been sent to another office for processing! Have emailed 2 addresses above, DM'd on Twitter and rang but no joy. So frustrating! We are due to travel next week

Please
or

HeavenHotel · 05/08/2021 12:44

OMG I feel your pain. So so so stressful! I managed to talk to lovely Customer Services guy who has (hopefully) chased my lost passport.

But my daughter's? Well just have to wait and see... 15 days!

Although got to admit, good diet! Lost half a stone worrying, not being able to eat and not sleeping!!

Please
or

Getoveritnow · 06/08/2021 23:01

How’s it going Heavenhotel? Any joy? Still waiting here!

Please
or

HeavenHotel · 08/08/2021 12:46

gettingoveritnow still no news!!

When are you flying?

So bloody stressful!

Please
or

Getoveritnow · 08/08/2021 14:37

Our holiday has now been cancelled so it’s another hurdle to cross. We’re desperately wanting to go still but are booking as soon as we have the passport. Running out of time and we can’t travel after the 22nd. Kids are still counting sleeps.

Please
or

TartanBonnet · 13/08/2021 14:23

Just had an email to say my DC's passport has been approved!! Hopefully will be posted in time as we're flying out in 9 days! Still haven't had word of mine though.

Feeling more positive! Have booked my parking!

Please
or

Ashley173Mcallister · 05/05/2022 13:29

How did this end up going?? Iv went and done the same thing and iv written a letter to them bit no reply

Please
or

Tbroady12 · 31/07/2022 10:46

@Ashley173Mcallister have you had any luck getting your passport back? I’ve been trying for months now and still getting nowhere 😫

Please
or

Tbroady12 · 31/07/2022 10:48

@HeavenHotel did you get your passport back in the end or did you have to reapply?
ive done the same thing and getting nowhere xx

Please
or

countdowntonap · 31/07/2022 10:51

H@Tbroady12 Join the Facebook
group Passport Chaos 2022. The advice on there is so helpful!

Please
or

Titsflyingsouth · 31/07/2022 11:19

Even when I was physically at the passport office and in front of an advisor they wouldn't give me a direct number - they said they were not allowed to.

My advice is, if you are flying within a week, go to a passport office in person and just queue until you are seen. I turned up a Peterborough ( no appointment but my passport had been stuck for 9.5 weeks and I was flying within a week.) They let me in and processed it and had it ready to collect within 24 hours.

Please
or

HeavenHotel · 01/08/2022 09:47

@Tbroady12 omg was the most stressful time ever. My passport arrived an hour before we left for the airport!

I can't believe it's 12 months later and people are still having major problems. My friend had a family holiday of a lifetime last month. Applied for daughter's passport in February to fly in July.

No fault of their own, muck up at passport office and passport didn't arrive, despite countless phone calls and emails. Huge family holiday with 20 going and her and her daughter couldn't go.

Terrible! And it's not getting better!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?