Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Flying back from Ibiza on a Monday and leaving for Spain Thursday - do able ?

9 replies

stopworrying2 · 17/07/2021 19:09

Just that son flys in from Ibiza on a Monday and should fly out with us to Spain on the Thursday - would it be ok that he’s having his day 2 test in same day as a fit to fly or should we try and keep him out in Spain in between? I toyed with the idea of one of us trying to change our flights to meet him there - big looks tricky and would need to find accommodation to as we’ve rented a house just for the week Thursday to Thursday. Anyone doing this short a turn round ?

OP posts:
Please
or

Abraxan · 17/07/2021 19:21

How old is your son?
If older would he be happy to stay on his own in one of the locations?
I'm sure they'll be a hotel you could book last minute for him.

Please
or

blinkthreetimes · 17/07/2021 19:22

I would personally get him to stay out there

Please
or

stopworrying2 · 18/07/2021 08:42

@Abraxan@blinkthreetimes he will be 17 - he is away for a week with a group of friends but they all will be flying home. I wouldn’t want to leave him on his own for 3 nights there, so either I need to try and change 1 of our parties flights to fly out earlier or he’ll have to come home first. Unfortunately we can’t all fly out early as my other DS is away with his friends on a Uk holiday until the day before. With rules changing so regularly I’m concerned if I fly out and the other DS tests positive for some reason with fig to fly that we’ll be stranded as 2 groups !

OP posts:
Please
or

IsabellesMissingSock · 18/07/2021 09:01

If he's not had both jabs he'll have to isolate in U.K. for ten days

Please
or

stopworrying2 · 18/07/2021 11:28

@IsabellesMissingSock I thought as he was under 18 from an amber country there was no quarantine just a test before entry to UK and a day 2 test?

OP posts:
Please
or

Jumpingintosummer · 18/07/2021 11:37

www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-abroad-from-england-during-coronavirus-covid-19

This explains the regulations are the same for children over ten.

I would try to fly out and meet your son and hope your DH and other DC can join you.

Please
or

StopGo · 18/07/2021 11:50

Will he even be permitted to fly from Ibiza into mainland Spain?

Please
or

Workyticket · 18/07/2021 11:53

Id see if he can fly from ibiza to Spain

Please
or

stopworrying2 · 18/07/2021 15:24

I’ve been trying to find out about him flying from Ibiza to mainland Spain and I think it will be seen as a domestic flight and he’ll be allowed in with no tests required between the two. But even travel agent isnt sure

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?