Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Covishield for entry into France

3 replies

smogsville · 14/07/2021 11:41

Hi All, I'm trying to find out if this business of the Covishield vaccine not currently being recognised by the EMA is causing problems for anyone who's been to France very recently.

We're supposed to be going at the end of this month, driving using Eurotunnel. There are six adults (plus children under 10). Five of us have been Pfizered but DH got AZ and his first AZ was from one of the three batch numbers listed as Covishield.

Of course ideally all sorts of inter-governmental work is going on behind the scenes to get Covishield officially recognised by the EMA so this becomes a non-issue but we're sailing pretty close to the wind in terms of dates.

Has anyone travelled to France recently and had their NHS app scrutinised? Or does the QR code just get zapped?

Thanks for any recent experiences.

OP posts:
Please
or

smogsville · 14/07/2021 20:56

Bump?

OP posts:
Please
or

RainyAfternoon · 15/07/2021 14:00

Hello, I'm sorry I can't help but bumping this as I also have this issue.

I heard on the news yesterday about Tui not accepting travellers to Malta with these batch numbers but I think airlines are pretty strict as they have to fly people straight back if they don't get entry.

Anecdotally I have heard that coming off ferries only pcrs are being checked into France, but it would be just my luck to get an overzealous official...

Good luck with this and maybe someone with more direct experience will spot this thread today.

Please
or

smogsville · 15/07/2021 16:49

@RainyAfternoon check out my 'Covishield for France' thread on the Coronavirus board - some reassurance there.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?