Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Sun Holidays - which parks do you recommend?

3 replies

wineosaurus4 · 13/07/2021 21:07

Hi all,

Looking to do the sun holiday thing this year.. myself, DP and DSC aged 5 & 11, and coming with us is SIL and family, DC aged 6 & 2.

There appears to be so many parks almost too many to choose from. Has anyone got any recommendations on which parks are best? Looking for quite a lively one with plenty to do on site and nearby as well if possible. We are in Scotland and happy to travel 4/5 hours.

Thanks in advance Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

CoffeeRunner · 13/07/2021 21:24

We liked Haven Craig Tara near Ayr.

It's a nice park in a nice setting with plenty on site for children. I went with my 3 DCs a couple of years ago & we went into Glasgow by train one of the days which was nice. Although if you live in Glasgow that might seem a bit boring Grin.

Could you reach areas around Morecambe/Blackpool in 4 or 5 hours? A bit cheesy sure but plenty for kids. In terms of activities I would look for a Haven, Park Holidays or Park Dean place rather than an independent.

Please
or

Nootkah · 13/07/2021 21:36

Folk have food things to say about Granny's Heilan Hame

Please
or

gogohm · 13/07/2021 21:42

There's a few on the Yorkshire coast, stayed in a nice one near Bridlington.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?