Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Am I being irrational?

5 replies

ml01omm · 09/07/2021 10:01

Hi

Flying to Majorca next week, me, DH and DS ( 11 months) .Booked before yesterdays Amber/quarantine announcement, and before Englands win on Weds.

Checked last night, and typically our flight of ALL the flights leaving the Midlands in the next 10 days, is completely fully booked. ( I had assumed originally it might have been fairly quiet or at least not packed to the rafters).

I suddenly started thinking, what if there are lots of people on our flight, who all diligently go and do their PCR tests on Sun morning, and then go spend Sunday afternoon in the pub/Wembley cheering on England, get infected, and then come and infect those sat near them on the plane?

DH and I are double jabbed, but this has got me really worried. The rest of our holiday is car hire/self catering apartment, so we can avoid the crowds.

Am I being too irrationally worried about this? I never even thought about the England matches/crowds/ knock on effect when booking.

OP posts:
Please
or

tanstaafl · 09/07/2021 10:32

Is it fully booked meaning all the seats are full, or fully booked in a socially distanced way ?

If it’s the first , no , you’re not being irrational but perhaps over hopeful that your flight would have unbooked seats.

Please
or

rookiemere · 09/07/2021 12:47

No you're not being irrational, this is the reason I have decided against going to Majorca later this summer.
A holiday worrying it I have a positive test and not being able to travel home, doesn't feel like it would be in any way relaxing particularly as the numbers are going up both here and there and chances of catching it are going up.
Sorry to rain on your parade.

Please
or

DinosaurDiana · 09/07/2021 12:50

It was very unlikely that your flight was going to have empty seats.
You either get on with it or cancel.

Please
or

IsabellesMissingSock · 09/07/2021 13:33

We flew out last Sat morning and I'm sure that at least some of the people on the flight will have been out the night before or just generally out and about. The plane was pretty busy. All totally fine, having a great time, I don't want to come home! Try not to worry about it OP.

Please
or

MackieMayor · 09/07/2021 14:52

What is it that worries you?

There's risk all day long - car journey to the airport, plane journey, asking down stairs... what is it about this particular risk that makes it so worrying for you?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?