Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Advice on traveling to Spain over the summer

7 replies

Tamary97 · 08/07/2021 10:38

Hi
Hi, We are going to Spain in a few weeks to see family. We will be in Mainland Spain for the first few weeks but will spend 10 days in Mallorca at the end. We will fly home straight from Mallorca to the UK.

Has anyone traveled to Spain recently? what are the requirements? I understand we need a covid vaccine passport/letter which we already have; Also, I read that children over 12 will need a negative test? is this correct? how do we get this?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

OP posts:
Please
or

Geamhradh · 08/07/2021 10:43

You need to look at the (I think it's called) Safe Spain website. From the Spanish authorities. Iirc anyone not vaccinated will need tests outward and inbound.

Please
or

Geamhradh · 08/07/2021 10:44

Please
or

EileenGC · 08/07/2021 10:52

I'm Spanish and currently in Spain, so quite up to date with this.

You will indeed need your vaccination certificate, or negative tests (

Please
or

EileenGC · 08/07/2021 10:54

Actually, I have just seen they have also created a 'family FCS form' option, so maybe you'll only need one form for the whole party. On that website you can also find up to date information on the other requirements.

Please
or

Nootkah · 08/07/2021 13:35

@EileenGC Apparently there's special rules for UK. Antigen tests arent acceptable

Advice on traveling to Spain over the summer
Please
or

Tamary97 · 08/07/2021 15:19

Thank you for all the advice, this is very helpful.

OP posts:
Please
or

EileenGC · 08/07/2021 18:09

[quote Nootkah]@EileenGC Apparently there's special rules for UK. Antigen tests arent acceptable[/quote]
LAMP and TMA are antigen tests. What isn’t acceptable is doing your own LFT, but you can get an antigen test at a clinic or at some airports, and those will be accepted.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?