Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Recommend me a U.K. break!

8 replies

motogogo · 06/07/2021 16:02

Money no object, well ok within a reasonable budget of £200 a night let's say, more if food included, recommend me a place(s) to visit, anywhere in U.K. About to cancel trip to Italy and need inspiration. Only 2 of us and want September so avoiding school holidays. Hotel, self catering whatever ... bonus brownie points for private hot tub and pub with real ales in walking distance. Must provide linens and towels if sc as travelling by motorbike. Both double vaxxed but not fancying the cruise staycations.

I'm feeling a bit fed up and need something to look forward to. Have 2 weeks booked off work.

OP posts:
Please
or

Lj8893 · 06/07/2021 16:28

I’ve just come home from a weekend in York and it is the most incredible city, I loved it and can’t wait to go back! Looooaads of decent pubs.
Don’t know about accommodation with private hot tubs but I’m sure there will be something around.

Please
or

fuzzyduck1 · 06/07/2021 17:12

Waveney river center on the Norfolk broads.
Range of accommodations from camping, yurts, camping pods, self contained flats, hotel rooms and wooden lodges with private hot tubs. Pub/restaurant onsite, swimming pool, boat and canoe hire onsite
For a lodge with hot tub it’s about £200 a night.

Please
or

StarcourtMall · 06/07/2021 18:27

We really enjoyed Woodstock near Oxford. Great pubs and nice days out in Cotswolds, Oxford and Blenheim Palace.

Please
or

Nootkah · 07/07/2021 14:10

Portmeirion.

Please
or

Crunched · 07/07/2021 14:18

The Lakes - many hotels have a choice of standard suites or luxury pods
(with hot tubs) e.g. The Samling. Walking, water sports and Michelin starred dining, as well as great pubs, all in walking distance.

Please
or

Hyperion100 · 07/07/2021 14:24

Where do you currently live and what do you like doing?

Eating at swanky restaurants?
Hiking?
Relaxing at a spa
Being at the beach?
City breaks?
High adrenaline activities?

2 weeks on a motorbike sounds like a road trip to me!

Please
or

languagelover96 · 07/07/2021 15:11

Butlins
Center Parcs
Cornwall/Devon
Cumbria
Sandy Balls

Please
or

Georgyporky · 07/07/2021 18:56

We've booked 4 hotels for a 2-week holiday, aiming for places we've not been before or so long ago it doesn't matter.
Looking for interesting things to do & good restaurants.
Took a pair of compasses & mapped out 2-3 hour driving distances between places.

Needless to say, it will cost overall about double our usual foreign holidays !

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?