Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Travelling to the UK from France

6 replies

Yesididnamechange · 29/06/2021 20:59

Hi all!

I am travelling to the UK from France in august to visit my parents. I will need to do a PCR test on day 2 and day 8 after arrival.

My parents have official Covid tests at their home, which the pharmacies provide for free, that you can send off afterwards to register the results with the NHS. The tests are not specifically registered to a single person.

Does anyone know if I will be allowed to use these tests instead of booking an official day 2 and 8 self test? Or do I need to use specific providers?

Thanks in advance!

OP posts:
Please
or

Lalliebelle · 29/06/2021 21:03

It's my understanding that you have to use specific providers.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/list-of-private-providers-of-coronavirus-testing/list-of-private-providers-of-coronavirus-testing

By then, you may not have to quarantine though!

Please
or

Horizons83 · 29/06/2021 21:04

Unfortunately you definitely need to use the specific providers, you must book the travel testing package before you travel and have evidence that you have done so, as the reference number is required on your passenger locator form.

Please
or

Yesididnamechange · 29/06/2021 21:05

Thank you so much @Lalliebelle and @Horizons83 that’s much clearer! Fingers crossed it won’t be necessary !

OP posts:
Please
or

astuz · 29/06/2021 21:07

If the ones your parents have are the free NHS lateral flow tests, then no, you won't be able to use them.

I think the day 2 and day 8 tests have to be PCR tests, and they have to be from a private provider, not anything provided free by the NHS.

I could be wrong though, hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will reply soon.

Please
or

astuz · 29/06/2021 21:07

Sorry, cross-posted, other people beat me to it!

Please
or

Horizons83 · 29/06/2021 22:25

Just to confirm - unless the rules change again, even if France makes the green list you will still need to buy a Day 2 test from one of the approved providers.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?