France 2022 with teens
Paq · 20/06/2021 20:29
We've written off 2021 and are planning to meet up as an extended family in France in early-mid July 2022.
Any advice on the following criteria?
- Some arriving by ferry to Roscoff, some flying in from America.
- 3 x active 70s, 3 x fit 40s, 3 x teens (14-17)
- Self catering, with a pool
- Walking distance of a town/activities so we don't always have to load ourselves into cars
- Possibly pet friendly (if the dog survives another year)
- Preference for outdoors/nature/rural than urban.
- We like water sports but also climbing, walking, cycling, horse riding.
Anyone been on a holiday or stayed in a place that ticks these boxes?
Thank you 😊
idontlikealdi · 20/06/2021 20:36
Are they flying in to Paris and will they have hire cars or rely on public transport?
Paq · 20/06/2021 21:23
@idontlikealdi don't know yet, we thought we'd book the accommodation first and worry about flights later...
Fivemoreminutes1 · 21/06/2021 06:23
Perhaps somewhere like Lac de Rille europe.huttopia.com/en/site/rille/?datestart=&dateend=&people=2|0#piscines-loisirs-lac-de-rille
Paq · 08/07/2021 15:13
Thanks @Fivemoreminutes1 but we're keen on a private house and pool rather than camping.
We've found a house that everyone likes, not far from Bordeaux / St Emilion. Has anyone been to this region? Is there enough for teens to do within reasonable driving distance?
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.