Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Maybe we will get to Crete!

13 replies

No1HolidayPlanner · 17/06/2021 11:11

I didn't realise the below

('Entry requirements' page)
The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advises against all but essential travel to Greece, except for the islands of Rhodes, Kos, Zakynthos, Corfu and Crete, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

So we could go as long as we can isolate for ten days on return and do all required tests.

Fingers crossed Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

Movinghouseatlast · 21/06/2021 13:58

Yes, I'm hoping for the same for Corfu.

I realise how desperate I am to go when I just accept I will have to quarantine!

Please
or

Amboseli · 21/06/2021 18:53

Me too. Definitely going to Crete unless it turns red. I've done a spreadsheet for which tests on which days, PLF forms etc.

Please
or

No1HolidayPlanner · 21/06/2021 19:10

Yes I'm now fully up to speed on what I need. Two teenagers will have rapid antigen at the airport. My husband and I are vaccinated. I'll order day 2 and 8 for everyone before I go. The only uncertainty is where to get the test done in resort before we come home!

OP posts:
Please
or

Violetlavenders · 21/06/2021 20:13

How much are you paying approximately for the day 2 and day 8 test per person?

Please
or

No1HolidayPlanner · 21/06/2021 21:14

With Randox it is £86 per person which includes EasyJet discount

OP posts:
Please
or

Violetlavenders · 21/06/2021 21:37

Thanks. Unfortunately we're not flying with EasyJet but will check whether other airlines offer discounts.

Please
or

NoMoreLimbo · 22/06/2021 13:03

@No1HolidayPlanner There are a variety of companies that will send you a test that you will do pre return to UK. On top of my head Qured (or something like that) charge about £39. You do a test on yourself via zoom call when away and they will read the result and email you the certificate.

Please
or

CloudPop · 22/06/2021 13:04

Shop around for tests - there is quite a variety of prices and services out there.

Please
or

No1HolidayPlanner · 22/06/2021 13:54

NoMoreLimbo.. I didn't realise that.. thanksSmile

OP posts:
Please
or

fantastaballs · 22/06/2021 14:58

We are going to Corfu on the 8th July and the worry over tests has been a nightmare. Two of our under twelve have serious additional needs and one needs sedation to get dental exams. Can we find out about medical eventing for day 2 and day 8 tests in kids? Can we bugger! Waiting for my mp to clarify legislation.

Please
or

MsMiaWallace · 23/06/2021 07:17

We're going to Zante if flights are still on.
Jet2 aren't flying to Amber list countries. So just waiting for travel review!

Please
or

FizzyPink · 23/06/2021 17:13

We’re (hopefully) off to Zante too! Our 2nd jabs are 10 days before we fly so I keep trying to move them forward a few more days so we can avoid testing on the way out.

Please
or

Washeduponthebeach · 25/09/2021 11:47

Can anyone explain to me what the current requirements are for travel to Crete from Scotland!
I cannot get any clarity on it. Travelling after 4 October.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?