Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Family holiday camps (similar to centre parcs)

7 replies

cupofdecaf · 16/06/2021 13:05

We've recently been to bluestone in wales. It was brilliant so much for little kids. We'd love to go back but it's a 6/7 hour drive for us.

Can anyone recommend a holiday park (similar to center parcs) that has a good pool and stuff for toddlers to do in north England or the midlands.

OP posts:
Please
or

butitsatalkingdog · 16/06/2021 13:09

I think ribby hall is similar to center parcs

Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 16/06/2021 18:44

Darwin Forest is a little bit along those lines.

Please
or

ittakes2 · 17/06/2021 06:14

Watching with interest

Please
or

zafferana · 17/06/2021 13:26

We've stayed at both Slaley Hall (Northumberland) and the Langdale (Lake District) with youngish DC and both have good pools and a nice playground. The former you get a golf cart to zoom around in and if you're a golfing family it has a lovely golf course too. We've also been to Bluestone and neither is quite like that - Bluestone has that amazing indoor pool with slides, lazy river, etc, which neither Slaley nor the Langdale has, but they're lovely nonetheless and I would recommend them as good places to stay with young DC. Forest Holidays might be worth a look too, although I don't know if they have pools or not and I can't personally vouch for them.

Please
or

zafferana · 17/06/2021 13:27

You might also want to look at CP Whinfell, which is in the Lake District.

Please
or

cupofdecaf · 17/06/2021 14:01

Thanks for all the ideas Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

emmathedilemma · 23/06/2021 14:25

Forest Holidays are lovely lodges but there's not really any activities or entertainment on the sites (you might get a guided ranger walk sort of thing but that's about it). Some have hot tubs but no pool.
Someone mentioned this site on another thread recently www.parkdeanresorts.co.uk/location/wales/ty-mawr/

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?