Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Holiday Village or cruise for preschoolers, 2022

1 reply

Gardenwalldilema · 11/06/2021 15:00

Hoping to book first foreign holiday a family of, dc will be 5.5 and 2.5.
I've done a mini winter cruise and really enjoyed the lack of airport faff, so was maybe considering a cruise from Southampton, but will it be a bit much with 2 small children, would a holiday village place be better?
Can anyone give any advice or recommendations please? Any kids clubs tha take very little ones at 2yo very welcome, he's a sociable little soul and would love some kids to play with.
Thanks in advance

OP posts:
Please
or

extravirginoliveoil · 12/06/2021 08:42

I think I’d work out which has a kids club for your youngest first and then go from there.

Holiday Village run a crèche at that age which I think has to be supervised by you, the parent. I am not 100% sure though as it’s been a while since we have done a holiday village holiday.

P&O run kids clubs from 2 years old. That could be an option. Never sailed them though. They go from Southampton. MSC are sailing from Southampton just now and do kids clubs for a 2 year old.

Southampton is good as you won’t be restricted by luggage. You can spend 2-3 days at sea though but usually there is plenty to do onboard the ship to keep everyone entertained.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?