Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Turkey

5 replies

raisinbean · 08/06/2021 23:09

Hi all

Me and do are thinking of going to turkey next year. Dalaman area.

Several family members and friends have recommended and said they enjoyed there time there but it was a few years ago.

Just wanted ideas on areas and any specific hotel recommendations.

No dc coming with us (we asked but they'd rather stay home as 18+ and probably going away with their friends)

Looking for something where we're a bit out the way but close enough to town / restaurants / bars should we want to go.

Thank you Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

Toomuchleopard · 09/06/2021 00:02

We always go to this place at Olu Deniz. www.libertylykia.com/en
It’s amazing and a couple of miles from the Blue Lagoon beach that is on every Turkey advert. It’s mainly a family hotel but there’s some adult only pools. There is a sister hotel next door that’s adults only called Sentido if that’s more your thing.

Please
or

Cheeseandlobster · 14/06/2021 17:29

Olu Deniz is so so beautiful. The lagoon beaches are surrounded by mountains and the waters are shallow and clear. Its Paradise.

Depending on your budget it can be cheaper to stay in Hisaranou or Ovacik and use the frequent and cheap dolmus buses to get to the lagoon. A lot of hotels offer free shuttle buses to Olu Deniz too.

Another lovely area is Calis beach. It has wonderful sunsets and a James Bond film used it as a location for that reason. You can catch a water taxi from there to Fethiye which is also beautiful.

I went to both last year. I stayed at Calis Beach and visited Olu Deniz twice on the dolmus. I went alone and had the most wonderful time. I would highly recommend this area to anyone

Please
or

dontknowwasmadetoknow · 15/06/2021 16:42

Have a look at The Hilton Dalaman Resort in Saragerme.
We've stayed in Saragerme which is a nice little town with bars and restaurants and the Hilton is on our list.

Please
or

Hersetta427 · 15/06/2021 21:52

Hilton dalaman definitely or sensatori fethiye. In my opinion the Antalya area has a far wider choice of top quality hotels and I can definitely recommend the voyage belek and the Barut Lara.

Please
or

Cheeseandlobster · 15/06/2021 23:07

A lot of these hotels are all inclusive. They are beautiful but I prefer to eat out at local restaurants. It just seems more authentic and it helps the local economy too

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?