Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Amending a TUI package when only 2 of us now want to go

4 replies

BG2015 · 06/06/2021 18:20

Booked a package to Kos in 2019 for 2020, 2 adults and 2 16 year olds. Total cost was £5k. Holiday amended for free in 2020 to August 2021. The two kids are now 18. Both happy to come in August if Kos is green but not really bothered if we have to amend to 2022 as they will both be 19 by then and no doubt working and want to holiday with friends/girlfriends etc.
We (the 2 adults) are happy to still go or amend to a different date/destination but wouldn't be spending £5k and would expect something to be refunded.

Has anyone had experience of this with TUI. I've tweeted them but no response as yet. No point ringing them. Just thought I would ask as then we can begin thinking about options.

OP posts:
Please
or

TheBodyPiercer · 06/06/2021 20:37

You can amend your holiday online through manage my booking. Although I've a sneaky suspicion you can't edit the amount of people.

I think you may have to cancel (lose deposit) and rebook.

Please
or

BG2015 · 06/06/2021 20:40

Paid in full! £5k

They've had our money for over a year!

OP posts:
Please
or

Amboseli · 06/06/2021 20:43

You can change your whole holiday through manage my booking with TUI

Please
or

BG2015 · 06/06/2021 21:32

@Amboseli

You can change your whole holiday through manage my booking with TUI

Even reduce the number of people travelling?
OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?