Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

PCR tests where?

5 replies

doorornottodoor · 01/06/2021 07:45

Hi
We’re off to Portugal early July. Does anyone have any recommendations for PCR test companies? Better to do in person or by post?

Also would you book the ones in Portugal now?

Thanks. 🙏

OP posts:
Please
or

motogogo · 01/06/2021 07:47

I would do your research but hold off until the 14th June at least before booking, especially if you are double vaccinated, they may change the rules

Please
or

Thischarmlessgirl · 01/06/2021 20:44

I’m in Portugal now, we used Randox and it was all smooth. Definitely book your antigen in advance (if the rules haven’t changed by then) as they are struggling to cope here and people have had to queue for hours for a test to fly home. Synlabs are good.

Please
or

doorornottodoor · 02/06/2021 04:18

Thank you! @Thischarmlessgirl I had a look at Randox who look great. Did you use their Algarve package? It’s £60 more than the green light one. I’m not sure what the difference is... it’s pricey at £300 pp

OP posts:
Please
or

Thischarmlessgirl · 02/06/2021 09:06

@doorornottodoor no I bought individual tests and with the airline discount they are £60 each. The antigen test in Portugal is 30 euro. So I paid £60 x 2 then 30 euro.

Please
or

MabelMoo23 · 02/06/2021 18:38

I’m researching on the hope that Barbados turns green... randox does seem a good shout, especially with an airline discount. Unfortunately Barbados has just said that they will only accept tests done in person at a clinic rather than postal self done tests so rules out Randox for us. We are looking at £99 per person in Boots

You can get antigen tests from Qured for £39 to take with you rather than queue at the airport to return home

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?