Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Helsinki

2 replies

SpeckledyHen · 29/05/2021 17:23

Any recommendations of the best area to stay as a tourist on a short break please? (4 nights) And any ‘must ‘ do , see , places to eat etc

OP posts:
Please
or

HannibalHayes · 29/05/2021 22:55

Not sure about best areas to stay. It's not a big city, and the trams make the outer areas pretty accessible. I don't think it's much more expensive to stay in the centre.

It's been a while so I can't recommend too many restaurants, but I would definitely recommend a visit to Zetor. It's a bit of a Helsinki institution, and certainly an entertaining experience.

As I say it's not a big city, so most of the centre can be accessed on foot. You'll find your own way to the harbour etc., so just enjoy. It's a wonderful city.

Please
or

SpeckledyHen · 30/05/2021 10:00

Thank you very much . Zetor looks great 👍.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?