Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

COVID tests for travel

6 replies

HeyDemonsItsYaGirl · 23/05/2021 20:33

I'm hoping to fly next month and trying to figure out all the COVID testing requirements, but I've had to do so much research lately my brain is fizzing out. If you've flown recently, do you mind sharing who you booked with and how much it was?

We're going with TUI and they offer two packages for amber countries, but I don't know which one I need and if this is a reasonable deal. I'm going to Cyprus if that makes a difference.

♦♦♦AMBER PACKAGE – £50 per person♦♦♦
Everything you need for re-entry into the UK, including a ‘test to return’ antigen (rapid flow) test for you to take with you in order to get the certificate you need to travel back to the UK, and two PCR tests to be used on days 2 and 8 after you’ve arrived back in the UK, while you’re self-isolating at home.

♦♦♦AMBER+ PACKAGE – £90 per person♦♦♦
Includes everything that’s in the Amber package, plus a ‘fit to fly’ PCR test to use before you leave the UK for entry into the country you’re travelling to.

OP posts:
Please
or

Jibberoo · 23/05/2021 20:47

That's a steal. I just flew in from an amber list country. It wasn't a holiday so I had to sort everything out myself. The pcr before flight cost £100 and the day 2/8 ones cost another £160.

One thing though I think you need a pcr before you fly back not a lateral flow or another type but I could be wrong.

Please
or

Regulus · 23/05/2021 20:49

What does Cyprus require?

Please
or

HeyDemonsItsYaGirl · 23/05/2021 21:07

Thanks Jibberoo

Regulus I'm not entirely sure. I need a Cyprus Flight Pass from them, but I can't apply for it until 24 hours before my plane leaves. And Gov.uk made me even more confused:

The Republic of Cyprus authorities have announced that from 1 May 2021 travellers with proof of two COVID-19 vaccinations completed within a specified timeframe before travel will not be required to take a pre-departure PCR test. Until there is means to certify vaccinations for international travel, you should follow the guidance above on pre-departure PCR tests for passengers coming from Amber Category countries.

We've both had both doses of the vaccine and it's showing on the NHS app, but I can't find out what proof Cyprus requires.

OP posts:
Please
or

Regulus · 23/05/2021 21:40

Yes, I've found this as well, so on that basis you only need the £50 pp package, the UK is currently amber on Cyprus list but having the vaccs seems to avoid this.

COVID tests for travel
Please
or

HeyDemonsItsYaGirl · 23/05/2021 22:17

Thank you, it's very kind of you to look it up.

OP posts:
Please
or

Franklin12 · 23/05/2021 23:01

It’s a blooming nightmare.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?