Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Disney staycation cruises

21 replies

ThinkAboutItTomorrow · 27/04/2021 19:52

Anyone had access to the pre-booking and know how much the new Staycation trips are going to be priced at?

OP posts:
Please
or

AC12theletterofthelaw · 27/04/2021 22:01

Following.

Please
or

SwimBaby · 28/04/2021 15:57

for a family of 4 on the 13th Aug sailing from Southampton 3 nights, family of 4
2061 inside
2113 deluxe inside
2285 outside
2935 balcony

Please
or

ThinkAboutItTomorrow · 28/04/2021 19:36

Thank you @SwimBaby v helpful.

And.....wow at those prices!

Is it AI? I can check that online I think....

OP posts:
Please
or

SwimBaby · 28/04/2021 19:37

Soft drinks, teas, coffees and meals are included

Please
or

SwimBaby · 28/04/2021 19:38

I went on Disney Magic around the Med 10 years ago and it was my joint best holiday.

Please
or

ThinkAboutItTomorrow · 28/04/2021 19:42

Thank you! That's maybe a more reasonable price.

I suspect it's my idea of hell but the kid would love it and I'm sure I can get over myself for 4 days!

Are you signing up?

OP posts:
Please
or

AdaThorne · 28/04/2021 19:47

Join the Facebook group. Some of the people are a bit full on but there’s so much info on pricing people have paid booking today - also about things like how all adults need two Covid vaccines to go, pre-cruise testing etc.

Please
or

SwimBaby · 28/04/2021 19:48

No I’m sailing with a different company.
I don’t know how the restrictions will affect things but when I went it was so good. The adults only pool was like a lovely boutique hotel, the cabins are much bigger than normal sized cabins and we had a balcony. It really was lovely. There’s an Art Deco style cinema and the food was very good. The shows and entertainment were excellent.
It wasn’t what I was expecting at all, the standard of everything was very high.

Please
or

SpringtimeSummertime · 28/04/2021 19:52

Does the ship stay in Liverpool? 😳

Please
or

SpringtimeSummertime · 28/04/2021 19:56

I’ve just read the itinerary-
Day 1 Liverpool
Days 2/3 ‘At sea’
Day 3 Liverpool

Please
or

ThinkAboutItTomorrow · 28/04/2021 20:00

Huh. Turns out DD is scared of boats and hates the idea.
At least it solves the conundrum.

OP posts:
Please
or

minniemomo · 28/04/2021 20:26

Watching, dd is older but sn and loves Disney . Other dc seem surprisingly keen (though two prefer marella as ai !)

Please
or

AC12theletterofthelaw · 28/04/2021 21:54

I’d love to go but none of the dates work for us. Really hoping there might be some extra October dates added.

Please
or

AdaThorne · 28/04/2021 22:29

We were tempted for some much-needed Disney Magic for us and the DC, but with prices as high as they are we figure it’d be better to save the money and put it towards a Florida trip next year instead.

Please
or

KitKat1985 · 08/05/2021 09:30

I looked at the 2 night trip and thought the time on the boat was way too short to really be worth it.
Day 1: Not allowed on boat until 5.30pm.
Day 2: On boat.
Day 3: You have to be off the boat by 7.30am!

So basically about 2 grand for one evening, (which would basically be giving the kids dinner and then getting them to bed), and one day on the boat. I just didn't feel it was worth it.

Please
or

SwimBaby · 08/05/2021 10:41

I think the two night cruises are too short, three nights seem a lot longer. I’ve booked a five night British Isles cruise with Royal Caribbean and am really looking forward to it.

Please
or

willstarttomorrow · 08/05/2021 12:09

I cannot believe the prices for such a short trip even with the disney premium. As much as I like Liverpool it does not really compare in the sunshine stakes to Florida.🌴

Please
or

Twosharks · 08/05/2021 12:14

I’d be more tempted by the Royal Caribbean ones unless your child is properly Disney mad.

Please
or

Twosharks · 08/05/2021 12:15

@SwimBaby did you get a good deal on your Royal Caribbean one? I really am tempted. We are in Scotland though so it’s a trek for us, we’d be handier hopping on at Greenock!

Please
or

SwimBaby · 08/05/2021 12:17

Hi I was happy with the price, we are a family of four adults and I booked 2 mid ship high, deck balcony cabins for just under 3k.

Please
or

SwimBaby · 08/05/2021 12:23

I think a few do start there. I recommend Iglu cruise website, type in British Isles cruises and all the options come up.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?