Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Changing a name on a booking

6 replies

BG2015 · 16/04/2021 21:03

If you want to change a name on a holiday booking how far in advance do you have to do it?

OP posts:
Please
or

BG2015 · 24/04/2021 13:51

Anyone know?

OP posts:
Please
or

MWMWMW · 24/04/2021 13:52

Surely it’ll depend on the holiday company? Check their T&Cs

Please
or

FredaFox · 24/04/2021 13:55

Depends what you’ve booked and how
Package holiday used to be so many weeks before travel for a set fee. Been a long time since I was a travel agent but used to be 25-100 per change
Booking flights and accommodation separately might not be possible . Cheap flight tickets are often non changeable or refundable
You need to read you terms and conditions
It’s impossible for us to tell you really

Please
or

Buzlightyear1 · 24/04/2021 15:24

I normally get the cheapest possible and in the t&c it says you can’t change these details. I guess it depends what company and they will probably charge if they allow it

Please
or

BG2015 · 24/04/2021 21:21

It's with TUI. Package deal. Holiday booked in 2019 for 2020! Was moved to this year.

My 2 sons are coming with us (if we go) and the eldest is 21 he now has a serious girlfriend and isn't totally bothered about coming.

My younger son (18) could bring his girlfriend, hence my question.

I know we would have to pay to have it changed.

I'll read up on the T & C's

OP posts:
Please
or

BG2015 · 27/04/2021 06:19

TUI T & Cs are a nightmare to understand particularly as the booking was made in July 2019!

I've DM TUI via Twitter and they have replied saying amendments can be made online via Manage my Booking at a cost of £25 up to check in at the airport which I was surprised about!

Think I may attempt to telephone though to do it.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?