Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Christmas 2021

5 replies

doorornottodoor · 04/04/2021 07:07

Maybe pie in the sky!

Anyone else looking? Normally we do everything independently and choose smaller, low key places or villas. This year that may not make sense with covid/refunds.

Any tips on package operators that would (preferably) refund? Travel insurance? We’ll need to not have to quarantine when we get home too (I’m a teacher).

I’m not booking anything yet but plan to cheer myself up by looking in the meantime.Smile

Thanks.

OP posts:
Please
or

TastefulLiving · 04/04/2021 07:12

Probably not us, but I would love to keep an eye on the thread and dream and hope with you!

Where are you thinking?

Please
or

doorornottodoor · 04/04/2021 07:36

@TastefulLiving well I’d love to go to India/South Africa /Sri Lanka as relatively cheap and interesting places. But with Covid I’m currently looking at the Caribbean as they’re way ahead with vaccines. However, it’s very expensive!!!

OP posts:
Please
or

TastefulLiving · 04/04/2021 07:39

Lovely! I have family abroad and have not seen them since October 2018 and was (off the back of this thread) wondering if we could do the Carribean all together. It;s probably equal flying time for us all......

Please
or

doorornottodoor · 04/04/2021 07:51

@TastefulLiving that would be amazing! We have family in Australia and would love to see them. I think they’ll still have restrictions in place in December though unfortunately.

OP posts:
Please
or

BigSkyLife · 04/04/2021 08:46

Won’t advise on location, but will say that TUI were excellent last year. We chose to have one trip postponed to this year, with an additional re-booking incentive. The second trip we had planned we chose to take a refund, and the full amount was back on my card in under 10 days, after simply pressing the refund option.
We’ve travelled with them a lot over the past ten days years and have always been very pleased with the service we’ve received.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?