Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Can I get a refund for my Universal Orlando tickets (flights cancelled)

6 replies

SpottyBlueTeacup · 27/03/2021 18:52

Hi,
My flight has been cancelled to Orlando in May. I purchased tickets to Universal Orlando at a cost of just under £600. The tickets have an expiry date on of 12/17/21 but it is very unlikely we can go this year now due to other commitments.
British Airways has issued a voucher for the flights and car hire but we are now looking at going in summer 2022.
Can I get a refund on the Universal tickets as I can’t seem to find any info!!?

OP posts:
Please
or

AttilaTheMeerkat · 28/03/2021 09:41

How did you pay for your tickets (I hope you used a credit card) and who did you buy them from?. Was it from the studios directly or was it via a third party?. You should be able to obtain a refund.

Please
or

SpottyBlueTeacup · 28/03/2021 13:37

I used my credit card and laid it off in full when the bill arrived. I booked it directly with Universal Orlando as they had an offer on.

OP posts:
Please
or

SpottyBlueTeacup · 28/03/2021 13:37

*paid it off

OP posts:
Please
or

SpottyBlueTeacup · 28/03/2021 13:38

I have asked the credit card company for a chargeback but not sure if it’ll be successful!

OP posts:
Please
or

AttilaTheMeerkat · 28/03/2021 17:07

Its worth a try re the chargeback.

Please
or

PoptartPoptart · 28/03/2021 21:20

Find a customer services telephone number on their website op and call them.
They should refund you no problem - they did ours last summer.
You can’t physically get there - the US are not allowing international passengers so it’s not exactly your fault you need to cancel!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?