reginafalange2020 · 22/03/2021 10:39
We have a holiday booked for June in Portugal.
It's getting close to the time where I need to pay the final balance for the hotel but I'm very reluctant to pay. The flight company won't let us cancel the flights and they have already been moved once due to rescheduling a holiday from last year. The flights are already paid in full.
I know we don't have a crystal ball but what do you all think are the chances that we will be able to have the holiday in June?
I can't get through the the airline.
Is anyone able to advice me because I'm clueless re: what to do!
Frazzled2207 · 22/03/2021 10:41
Can you move again? I probably would if I stood to lose money.
We are booked for august but we can move the flights up to a fortnight before and cancel the accomodation up to 2 days before so that feels fairly low risk money-wise
idontlikealdi · 22/03/2021 10:46
I don't think you'll be going, and if you do, be prepared for quarantine.
I take it flights / hotel are booked individually?
If the flights fly they have no obligation to give you a refund.
Is there a covid guarantee on the hotel?
reginafalange2020 · 22/03/2021 10:58
I'm not too worried about the hotel as we've only paid a small deposit but the flights were more expensive, i think you are right though, it may be worth ringing and moving them to next year.
It's easy jet so they are famously not very helpful so I don't know if I even have Covid cover this time because they were already moved once due to covid.
Frazzled2207 · 22/03/2021 11:00
If easyjet is really easy to change online. I have done it twice already. You just have to do it more than a fortnight before.
reginafalange2020 · 22/03/2021 11:07
If easyjet is really easy to change online. I have done it twice already. You just have to do it more than a fortnight before.[/quote]
Great thanks I think I will just bite the bullet and move it to June next year. I'm sick of thinking about it now 🤦♀️
userxx · 23/03/2021 08:54
Even if you do go can you be bothered with the restrictions? In Spain you must wear a mask at all times unless eating, all the faff with getting negative tests etc.
reginafalange2020 · 23/03/2021 09:17
Yeah I totally agree. I just need to get as much money back as I can and the question is now, do I wait for the flights to be cancelled or do I just move them x
TokyoSushi · 23/03/2021 09:19
Yes I'd agree that I'd just move it, even if you can go in June, there's likely to be a lot of faff associated with it!
userxx · 23/03/2021 09:24
I'm in the same boat, 4 night trip booked for Spain mid June, I've paid for the flights so if I choose not to go I'll lose them. Balance needs to be paid mid may, if I don't pay the balance the holiday company assumes Ive cancelled and if the flights don't go ahead I'd lose the money anyway 🙈. My only saving grace is that's it's a really cheap holiday, if you've spent a lot of money I'd definitely postpone until next year.
reginafalange2020 · 24/03/2021 11:24
It's a cheap holiday to be honestly. Flights were about £500 which I really don't want to loose but I've only paid £45 deposit for the hotel so I will just loose that and not pay anymore for the hotel xx
Lightsabre · 24/03/2021 11:40
We got a refund of our deposit on a May half term Greek holiday from EasyJet but it was a credit rather than cash refund. I'm fine with that as I'll book again for next year.
rookiemere · 24/03/2021 16:39
If you're feeling brave you can wait and see if Easyjet cancels the flights as then you have the option of flying on different dates without paying any supplements, but you need to do this prior to 14 days before flight or else it's too late.
reginafalange2020 · 04/04/2021 12:13
Our flights have been cancelled by easy jet so we have been issued a refund. Problem solved xx
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.