Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Best holiday destinations with a baby?

10 replies

sarah13xx · 13/03/2021 09:52

We are expecting our first child in August and are looking in to holidays for June 2022 so he’ll be around 10 months. Looking for somewhere with a relatively short flight and near to a beach. We have probably spoiled ourselves a bit the last few years going to really nice hotels 🙈 So I was hoping to find something that isn’t extortionate but is baby friendly and still semi luxurious. Is that possible? 😂 thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 13/03/2021 16:31

Portugal has a short flight and is in the same time zone as the UK, which I found really handy when my dc were small as it meant we could continue the same sleep and feeding schedule without much hiccup or thinking. We’ve stayed in a superior room at the Vidamar resort in Albufeira. It was spacious even with the cot and it was useful having the balcony because we could sit out in the evening whilst the dc slept inside.
If it fits within your budget, I’d definitely recommend Cascade Wellness Resort which is also in the Algarve. Every single piece of baby or toddler equipment is available if you request them in advance.
Both hotels have a babysitting service on request.

Please
or

Bunnybigears · 13/03/2021 16:32

Menorca, research the resort first as some have many steps to the beach which wouldn't be ideal but other than that its pretty perfect.

Please
or

TheFairyCaravan · 13/03/2021 16:36

I was going to say Menorca too. It’s so beautiful and most flights are in the daytime which is a plus.

Please
or

sarah13xx · 14/03/2021 07:54

@Bunnybigears

Menorca, research the resort first as some have many steps to the beach which wouldn't be ideal but other than that its pretty perfect.

Thanks, having a look at the insotel punta prima in Menorca. Looks ideal ☺️
OP posts:
Please
or

sarah13xx · 14/03/2021 07:54

@TheFairyCaravan

I was going to say Menorca too. It’s so beautiful and most flights are in the daytime which is a plus.

Thanks, having a look at the insotel punta prima in Menorca. Looks ideal ☺️
OP posts:
Please
or

sarah13xx · 14/03/2021 07:56

@Fivemoreminutes1

Portugal has a short flight and is in the same time zone as the UK, which I found really handy when my dc were small as it meant we could continue the same sleep and feeding schedule without much hiccup or thinking. We’ve stayed in a superior room at the Vidamar resort in Albufeira. It was spacious even with the cot and it was useful having the balcony because we could sit out in the evening whilst the dc slept inside.
If it fits within your budget, I’d definitely recommend Cascade Wellness Resort which is also in the Algarve. Every single piece of baby or toddler equipment is available if you request them in advance.
Both hotels have a babysitting service on request.

We went to Portugal on our last holiday before lockdown and it was great. Will have a look at this place, thanks
OP posts:
Please
or

WhittlingIhopMonkey · 14/03/2021 08:02

Look at the martinhal resorts in Portugal if you want baby friendly luxury. They are a dream.

Please
or

HeyDuggeesFavouriteSquirrel · 11/06/2021 21:57

Not where I would have thought of as a first holiday with a baby but we took my son to Ibiza when he was ten weeks old and it was perfect.

Please
or

Zodlebud · 12/06/2021 07:45

Another vote for Martinhal. Baby friendly perfection.

Also The Almyra in Cyprus. They have a “Baby Go Lightly” package where you can order everything you need in advance and it’s waiting for you when you arrive.

Please
or

TheNinny · 03/07/2021 15:12

Portugal, menorca or Majorca are my first choices with a baby

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?