Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Two Room Suite/Apartment

11 replies

DiamondBright · 27/02/2021 15:29

I'm struggling to find a holiday suitable for me and DD, I want to book a package deal and want to be close to a beach, ideally all inclusive but at least half board. Not too fussy where except not Mallorca or Minorca.

The main issue is that we have to have separate rooms, so like you were booking for two unrelated adults travelling together. We also need to be within a hotel complex, not in an apartment block or a stand alone villa, so I can call someone 24/7 if we need help, but we don't need accessible accommodation.

Any tips on what to search for would be appreciated or do I need to wait until we can sit in a travel agency?

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 27/02/2021 17:01

Do you need separate bathrooms?

Please
or

DiamondBright · 27/02/2021 18:11

No, just separate bedrooms, we can share everything else.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please
or

bumblingbovine49 · 27/02/2021 19:04

Look for hotel rooms called family suites .which often have two rooms . Would a sitting area with sofa bed and separate bedroom also be ok?

Also ring the hotel or email them directly and d ask for interconnecting rooms . They are not always clearly advertised but they are sometimes available. It will be expensive though

Please
or

DiamondBright · 27/02/2021 22:54

It does make it difficult, a twin room would be so much easier.

OP posts:
Please
or

DiamondBright · 27/02/2021 22:56

@bumblingbovine49

Look for hotel rooms called family suites .which often have two rooms . Would a sitting area with sofa bed and separate bedroom also be ok?

Also ring the hotel or email them directly and d ask for interconnecting rooms . They are not always clearly advertised but they are sometimes available. It will be expensive though

A sitting area with a sofa bed would be ok as long as the bedroom is a separate room.
OP posts:
Please
or

sm40 · 27/02/2021 23:06

Depending on budget Sani in Greece has suite bedrooms and is half board and on the beach.

Please
or

EvelynBeatrice · 09/04/2021 14:06

The Barcelo chain hotels often offer a two bedroom set up for families. However it’s a Spanish chain and I see you’re not wanting to go to the Balearics. Spain is well set up for this as it’s generally thought not to be a holiday for the parents if they have to share a bedroom with their kids! Sounds like you need an apart hotel kind of set up.

Please
or

rookiemere · 11/04/2021 19:10

Regency Country club in Tenerife offer this and you can book a package holiday through Jet 2, but it's definitely not close to the beach. There is. 5 star hotel in Northern Tenerife that offers separate rooms interconnected by a bathroom but I can't remember the name, if you search on Jet 2 you should find it.

Please
or

rookiemere · 11/04/2021 19:11

Please
or

HemanOrSheRa · 11/04/2021 19:17

Not sure if Benidorm will appeal but I took DS and his mate there on a last minute short break a couple of years ago. We stayed here. It was lovely! Really surprised me! Plenty of room for me and two 14 year old boys. I took the bedroom and they had the lounge area with two sofa beds.

www.sandos.com/sandos-benidorm-suites/all-inclusive-hotel?utm_source=gmbsuites&utm_medium=localmap

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?