Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone been to Sunny Beach, Bulgaria, in past few years (pre pandemic)?

15 replies

Pansypath · 29/12/2020 13:57

Was it a good place for a beach holiday with kids?

OP posts:
Please
or

MrsJammyDodger · 29/12/2020 14:00

Yes! We’re booked for June (hoping we can go). We’ve been as a couple and my husband has been lots of times growing up. First time taking the kids and no worries at all! Can’t wait! It’s cheap and everything is close by. Have you booked already? Anything you want to know?

Please
or

Pansypath · 29/12/2020 14:03

Not booked so would love to know more. Thinking May half term. Have three kids and want somewhere that feels foreign but not so foreign they can't find anything they will eat (fussy children!) and where we can play on beach but also go to a town or two for sightseeing. Also warm but not boiling hot.

OP posts:
Please
or

Pansypath · 29/12/2020 14:04

But am wondering if it is just too loud and too many nightclubs and drunken hen and stags.

OP posts:
Please
or

HariboHippo · 29/12/2020 14:15

I have - 2 years ago with a then 4 year old, and I absolutely hated it I am afraid. Full of stag and hens in the town - not helped by a football tournament at the time being broadcast absolutely everywhere and resulting in very brits abroad behaviour. We experienced very rude locals, and we had awful weather despite it being August. Went with DH and my parents, in a very pricey Riu, which was beautiful, but we all couldn’t wait to go home. Which was an experience in itself thanks to a horrific airport and again, rude locals. Sorry!

I have heard Croatia is much better though, but haven’t tried it!

Please
or

May17th · 02/03/2021 16:58

@MrsJammyDodger hi can I asked which hotel you booked please?

Please
or

Kakfor · 02/03/2021 17:31

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

MrsJammyDodger · 02/03/2021 17:59

@May17th
We have booked the Melia, it’s on the beach and close to lots of things. I find it interesting the above poster states it’s overpriced, I found it really cheap compared to U.K. and other holiday destinations in price.

Please
or

May17th · 02/03/2021 21:04

@MrsJammyDodger thank you. I have never been on any bad holidays. I booked TUI blue Nevis today I have never been to Bulgaria before... I got a great deal and I agree it’s one of the cheaper destinations so you can’t expect too much.

Please
or

Kakfor · 02/03/2021 22:00

Please
or

May17th · 03/03/2021 08:28

@Kakfor what is the weather usually like towards end of Aug-1st week of Sept.

Please
or

Seagullslanding · 03/03/2021 08:42

We have been to Duni Royal Resort twice. A little bit dearer but absolutely fantastic value and brilliant for families.

Please
or

Kakfor · 03/03/2021 11:50

Please
or

May17th · 03/03/2021 15:57

Thanks for the info.

Please
or

ElvisPresleysSideburns · 03/03/2021 16:04

We stayed here www.tui.co.uk/destinations/bulgaria/bourgas-region/sunny-beach/hotels/aqua-nevis-clubhotel.html two years ago. Probably the easiest holiday we've ever had. The Aqua park is huge (if your DC are into that) and kept ours occupied all week. The shuttle bus was very regular and meant you were away from the bustle unless you wanted to.

Please
or

May17th · 03/03/2021 17:33

@ElvisPresleysSideburns

We stayed here www.tui.co.uk/destinations/bulgaria/bourgas-region/sunny-beach/hotels/aqua-nevis-clubhotel.html two years ago. Probably the easiest holiday we've ever had. The Aqua park is huge (if your DC are into that) and kept ours occupied all week. The shuttle bus was very regular and meant you were away from the bustle unless you wanted to.

I had a look a this hotel it looks fab for kids.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?