Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Lisbon May 2021 - What are the chances of it happening?

4 replies

rookiemere · 24/12/2020 09:29

So DS 14 is meant to be on outward bound type projects - if not I am hoping we can sweet talk a relative into staying at the house - and I've got super duper cheap flights to Lisbon in May.

Now I can change them - cuz Easyjet - but now I'm invested in going. I'm thinking by May vaccine will be rolled out to quite a lot of the population and better weather will reduce numbers as well.

Do you think it's feasible we can go ?

OP posts:
Please
or

Georgyporky · 24/12/2020 12:51

We've had 5 holidays cancelled this year - all booked at fairly short notice & permissible at the time of booking.
There's no way I'm going to plan anything as far ahead as May !

Please
or

SJaneS49 · 28/12/2020 12:22

Unfortunately no one can offer you more than a guess! You’d hope by May to have seen a big change in the situation but as you’ll know after last year, the situation can change in a matter of weeks. I’ve rearranged a short break to Edinburgh 3 times now, each to times I was hopeful all would be ok.

Personally I wouldn’t get too invested in going in May and call it 15/16 days before. EasyJet haven’t been the best with our flight rearranging- on paper you can rearrange for free before 14 days to the flight but I rearranged one at the 14.5 day mark and had to pay so in effect it’s 15 days + it’s free.

Please
or

rookiemere · 29/12/2020 08:32

Thanks @SJaneS49 that's helpful.

I've booked cancellable hotels, I'm now thinking it's more of a gamble if DS actually goes on his 2 week outward bound course. I think I'll have a look for a UK backup just in case, as at this stage I'd be delighted to be going anywhere.

OP posts:
Please
or

SJaneS49 · 29/12/2020 10:42

Can completely get with that! The most sensible thing to do is book at the last minute - having said that, we’ve 2 breaks booked as I just wanted something to look forward too! I agree the outward bounds things are the most likely to be cancelled which will mean DS will be with you. Unfortunately it’s a case of waiting to see what happens and if the course gets cancelled, review everything from there. It is a pain but hopefully you’ll all be going somewhere!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?