Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Autumn sun with young children

4 replies

Cracker · 24/09/2002 22:50

We want to go away for some sun in October with a 3 and 1 year old. Can anyone recommend anywhere that isn't too far away?

OP posts:
Please
or

musica · 24/09/2002 23:00

Channel Islands - perfect in October - still sunny, but really child friendly, and not too expensive!

Please
or

karenanne · 25/09/2002 08:03

majorcas not too far we're off on a big family hol 6 of us in just under two weeks.we left it quite late to book and got a really good deal just over 600 for 5 adults and 1 child.its only a two hour flight and the weathers ususally great.

Please
or

Bumblelion · 25/09/2002 10:11

After my two weeks in Spain when it rained for 9 days, I am now off to Gran Canaria on 14th October (couldn't get half term week). Am taking a 9 year old, 5 year old and 11 month old (she will be one the week after we get back). It is a 4 hour flight which you might consider too long but you are more or less guaranteed some sunshine (although we expected that from Spain in August, but didn't get it). I am off with my mum, aunt and 3 children so at least I will get a bit of a break.

I have been to Lanzarote before but we went in June and, although hot, was very, very windy. I expect the evenings in Gran Canaria in October might be "chilly" but I am sure a cardigan will suffice.

I know 4 hours is a fairly long flight for young children but my elder two have gone on long haul and they were absolutely fine and my baby is only sitting up - not crawling or walking - so I am expecting the flight not to be too bad.

Please
or

tigermoth · 25/09/2002 13:46

Corsica? We holidayed there mid to end of sept and most says were sunny and warm, with the odd rainy and cloudy interlude. Perfect beach weather still, with few insects to bother us. Flights took a couple of hours, and although it's not the cheapest destination, going so out of high season would reduce costs.

or Sardinia? just south of Corsica but the weather charts usually rate it it a few degrees warmer.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?