Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

So, where CAN we go?

10 replies

Wheytaminute · 07/09/2020 16:42

Mid October for a long weekend. Girls trip away for a special birthday.

Booked for Iceland but if their quarantine rules are still in situ there is no point flying out. (test on arrival, quarantine in hotel room until a second test 5 days later).

Spain is likely still out? Portugal maybe?
Italy might he okay?
Flights from Northern England so Manchester, Leeds Bradford, East Midlands, Liverpool..

Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

LuluBellaBlue · 07/09/2020 16:43

Portugal, returned last week and heading out this weekend! It will still be lovely and warm then too

Please
or

LilyE1234 · 07/09/2020 16:45

I just got back from Lake Como and it was divine. Really quiet, sunny and felt safe.

Please
or

movingonup20 · 07/09/2020 16:46

I would stay in the U.K. - London maybe, less busy than normal (aka less expensive)

Please
or

Dauphinois · 07/09/2020 16:49

I went to Venice this summer and it was half empty, not jam packed as usual, and it felt very safe. I'd recommend it.

Please
or

Bwlch · 07/09/2020 19:14

Cyprus, but you would need a test before you go.

Please
or

Wheytaminute · 08/09/2020 09:44

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Venice has been in my mind actually - but for a romantic break with DH - found some cheap flights for November.

Cyprus would be lush - but it's too long a flight for a weekend. I'm thinking 3 hours max ideally.

The UK might have to be our option and do a fancy belated birthday trip next year.

OP posts:
Please
or

Funf · 09/09/2020 05:33

Liverpool
www.donthibernate.co.uk/liverpool/

We have done Cyprus for a weekend had a great time

Please
or

zafferana · 10/09/2020 12:22

For a weekend I'd probably stay in the UK. Just book a nice country house hotel with a spa - that would be lovely.

Please
or

SJaneS48 · 10/09/2020 14:25

I know it’s going to cost more but as it’s roulette at the moment you may be better off booking at very last minute break - somewhere that looks a good bet early Sept Sod’s law might be a no go in 6 weeks time.

Please
or

HuggedTheRedwoods · 10/09/2020 22:29

Gibraltar? Although their numbers of new cases were causing concern a couple of weeks ago and speculation about going on the quarantine list but seems quiet on that front again for now.

Its a hard call with Iceland but restrictions could ease up again by the end of the month. Do you have a cut-off point for changing your plans? If not, I'd wait a few more weeks.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?