Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Has anyone managed to get a refund from LoveHolidays?

2 replies

KitKat1985 · 19/08/2020 12:58

Had a holiday booked for next year for DH's 40th birthday, booked via LoveHolidays. We were flying with Norwegian. Norwegian e-mailed us a month ago to say the flights were cancelled. So we contacted Love Holidays and made a 'Manage My Booking' request to notify them of this. Heard nothing. Messaged again. Heard nothing. They deducted another £700 whilst we were waiting for flights that don't exist! After a couple of weeks we online chatted (after a 2 hour wait) to a lady from LoveHolidays who said we needed to request a refund through Norwegian ourselves, and then LoveHolidays would be notified and give us the option to get a refund on our booking. We did this and Norwegian got back to us the same day to confirm our requests for full refunds for our cancelled flight tickets have been processed, and that we needed to contact our booking agent (I.E, Love Holidays) for the money back. So so waited but there is still no option to request a refund on manage my booking. Several more messages sent and not replied to. Finally managed to get onto online chat again this morning (after another 2 hour wait!) and was basically told to request refund through manage my booking and then was hung up on (!). I have checked again and this still isn't possible on my booking as the flights are still showing as live. What do we do? I feel like banging my head against a wall.

OP posts:
Please
or

AttilaTheMeerkat · 20/08/2020 07:41

Loveholidays need to refund you as the money has been returned to them.

If you paid by credit card then I would contact them and get the money refunded that way via a Section 75 request.

mindovermoneymatters.co.uk/what-if-youve-booked-with-loveholidays/ is a useful link to read re them also.

Please
or

KitKat1985 · 21/08/2020 08:22

I don't even own a credit card sadly (lesson learnt and I will get one for all big purchases in future)!

At the moment LoveHolidays still haven't even acknowledged the flights are cancelled, despite me repeatedly messaging them about this.

Thank you for that link. I'll give it a read and see if I can pick up any tips.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?