Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Where is next on the quarantine list?

13 replies

damselindedress · 14/08/2020 21:42

Abroad in Europe visiting family at the moment and due to drive back in just over a week so am wondering where people think will be added to the list next. We were due to go via a stop in Holland and that has to be changed now. Really don't want to get stuck in quarantine.

Also am I right I thinking if you drive through places like France and don't stop you don't need to quarantine?

OP posts:
Please
or

Coffeeandbeans · 14/08/2020 22:56

My understanding is that as the authorities don’t know whether you stopped or not the default is that you stopped.

Please
or

damselindedress · 14/08/2020 23:12

I would think that would be total madness considering the amount of travel that has to go through France? (With the UK being an island)

OP posts:
Please
or

Cakestandkitchen · 15/08/2020 11:11

This was on the TV the other day. Yes, if you drive a full country and don’t stop you still have to quarantine. They aren’t stupid. It’s near impossible to not stop to go the toilet at least.

Please
or

damselindedress · 15/08/2020 12:09

@Cakestandkitchen have just checked the gig site and if you don't get our your car or let new people in you don't have to quarantine. Belgium for example is really small you can get across in a couple of hours and you can't leave your car on the Eurotunnel anyway. Phew glad to serve that! Hope the country I'm in doesn't get added to the list though

OP posts:
Please
or

damselindedress · 15/08/2020 12:10

That should have said Gov site

Where is next on the quarantine list?
OP posts:
Please
or

Cakestandkitchen · 15/08/2020 12:32

I stand corrected. Apologies, it just goes to show how quickly things change in the space of 24-48 hours.

Please
or

GreyGardens88 · 15/08/2020 12:34

Greece

Please
or

damselindedress · 15/08/2020 12:39

@Cakestandkitchen it is very confusing!

OP posts:
Please
or

ResIpsaLoquiturInterAlia · 15/08/2020 15:17

Is anyone concerned about not only escaping these continental European Covid hotspots but in the mass panic and rush to the shipping, train and aviation hubs - that many may be inadvertent asymptomatic super spreaders from one geography to another? Lives are possibly endangered unless rapid testing at the border points to reject or carefully isolate and implement special onward travel for the infected carriers? Just some thoughts as seems déjà vu many months ago.

Please
or

iVampire · 15/08/2020 15:26

It’s worth keeping an eye on the countries with case numbers in the high 20s per 100,000 population as quarantine seems to come in at 30

www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

I think they’re ready to take the risk of incubating returners when the rate is just tipping 30, but not beyond.

Please
or

itsgettingweird · 15/08/2020 15:37

Greece. I've heard cases are rising there.

Maybe because they had so few cases it's easier to catch it as no reall immunity between any contacts?

Please
or

damselindedress · 15/08/2020 16:46

@iVampire thanks this is really useful!

OP posts:
Please
or

Vinoonasunnyday · 16/08/2020 23:07

Greece maybe, defo Croatia

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?