Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Flying with baby - what can I take?

7 replies

EmJay19 · 14/08/2020 20:13

Flying for first time with a 9 month old and want to take a few big things but not sure what’s allowed.

Flying short haul BA premium economy (so basic bag limit included) but they’re not answering phone and I want to know if I can take travel cot, buggy & baby travel backpack (for mountain walks)... any ideas? I’ve asked for a cot at the place but not heard back yet so might be able to miss that one out.

TIA!! Xx

OP posts:
Please
or

RedCatBlueCat · 14/08/2020 20:20

My reading of this is baby gets 1 bag in the hold, plus 2 items from carseat, travel cot, buggy & baby carrier. Would the carrier fit in a suitcase, and then you pack nappies/clothes around it?

Please
or

loutypips · 14/08/2020 20:21

It's all on their website, just google ba travel with children.
Check that out as it will have the current advice on what you can and can't take.

Please
or

dementedpixie · 14/08/2020 20:21

Please
or

EmJay19 · 14/08/2020 20:23

@RedCatBlueCat very helpful link. Thank you 🙏

OP posts:
Please
or

EmJay19 · 14/08/2020 20:27

@dementedpixie thank you!
Currently measuring buggy!!

OP posts:
Please
or

firefly · 14/08/2020 20:45

@EmJay19, we took our (then) 3 month old longhaul with BA earlier this year. One thing you could consider which made life easier for us is investing in a cheaper "travel" buggy - we got a Joie Pact lite for around £100 but assume there are other similar brands. It meant we could just wheel our DD off the plane as it counted as hand luggage. Also was no risk of our main pram getting damaged/lost etc.This left us with enough allowance for her travel cot and other items. Have a great holiday!

Please
or

TakeMe2Insanity · 20/08/2020 23:48

Buy a car seat bag from amazon and put all baby equipment in there. Use a sl8ng at the airport or a carry on.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?