Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Anyone booked to go to Greece over next 6 weeks?

5 replies

Palmtree76 · 06/08/2020 13:25

Booked a 2 week holiday leaving second week of September. Can cancel a week before travel for full refund but now panicking about quarantine restrictions (I can quarantine, DH is key worker and can’t) so wonder if anyone else feeling bit anxious about new restrictions coming in?

OP posts:
Please
or

minipie · 10/08/2020 21:28

We are booked to go on Saturday. Booked in Feb, fully paid, no refund possible so we will be going if allowed! DH can wfh so quarantine wouldn’t hit financially but the kids would miss a few days of school.

I am hoping Greece will not go on the UK quarantine list though as it still has far lower covid rates than here despite recent rises. The bigger risk IMO is Greece deciding they don’t want Brits.

Please
or

bluejelly · 10/08/2020 21:33

Isn't the risk that we Brits might bring it over to Greece?

Please
or

BusterTheBulldog · 11/08/2020 13:16

We’re going at the start of Sept, can cancel hotel up to the end of August, not sure what will happen at the moment!

Please
or

bizzy1234 · 11/08/2020 13:22

Go for it.... if you need a break just do it..
Just been to Croatia- empty!.. far safer than a packed Devon and Cornwall..
Heathrow not very busy, everyone wearing masks
Plane was packed but wearing masks... Enjoy your holiday - you deserve it

Please
or

Palmtree76 · 11/08/2020 18:45

Yeah that’s my mentality. Hope they don’t put quarantine orders in but otherwise fingers crossed for first week of September!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?