Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Getting through to EasyJet

4 replies

littlequestion · 05/08/2020 09:15

We were due to fly to Portugal in 3 weeks time. The flight out has been cancelled and we have been bumped on to a flight seven hours later. Return leg hasn't been cancelled (yet).

We had already decided not to go and want to cancel the whole thing. Booked hotel separately and have a refund on that.

As I understand it, as the flight out has been cancelled, we can get a refund on both legs?

The email said that if we didn't want to accept the new flight, we can call them. But when I call it basically tells you to go away unless you are due to fly in the next 48 hours.

Are people really leaving it till then to ring? Does anyone have any tips?

OP posts:
Please
or

VacMan · 11/08/2020 21:48

Have you tried emailing [email protected] they normally respond within 24 hours, I've had great success on a refund for one trip and voucher for another.

Please
or

mamaoffourdc · 11/08/2020 22:28

Or do live chat on Facebook, they have been really helpful

Please
or

Cuppaand2biscuits · 12/08/2020 09:20

It's pretty much impossible. Our neighbours have been trying since April through every possible Avenue. They've given up in the end and just lost the money on the flights.

Please
or

littlequestion · 13/08/2020 14:39

Thanks for the replies. I found the esupport email address on another thread and got a reply back within 24 hours, offering a full refund.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?