Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Ryan Air refund

10 replies

rosybell · 30/07/2020 15:37

Just wondering if anyone here has received a refund from Ryan air for a cancelled flight? Ours was cancelled in May and on the website it says all May refunds will be processed by end of July (tomorrow!).

OP posts:
Please
or

Tilly28 · 30/07/2020 15:38

We were due to fly in June but flights were cancelled ages ago. I did a credit card dispute and got the money back that way as Ryan Air were taking forever!

Please
or

rosybell · 30/07/2020 15:45

We paid by debit card, but I did read about charge back.. is that what you did?

OP posts:
Please
or

ikus84 · 30/07/2020 16:37

I got my 2nd June refund yesterday! I was gobsmacked.

Please
or

rosybell · 30/07/2020 17:09

@ikus84 - wow! Did you just receive an email or did it appear in your account?

OP posts:
Please
or

ikus84 · 30/07/2020 17:33

I had to chase it about 5 times and they offered me vouchers 3 times, but then I got an email saying it'd be in my account within 5 days and it was!

Please
or

rosybell · 30/07/2020 18:04

@ikus84 - sorry for all the questions, but how did you chase it, phone/live chat or email? Thank you btw and glad you finally got it!

OP posts:
Please
or

Meandyouandyouandme · 30/07/2020 18:09

I’m still waiting for mine from 13th March, had an online chat again this week and they said I should get it in the next two weeks, but I’m not holding my breath. It’s annoying when it says on their website that all March refunds are done, when mine isn’t. I’d try an online chat again with them or I’ll be going back to my credit card.

Please
or

CodenameVillanelle · 30/07/2020 18:10

Got mine today
Did you go on live chat and actually request cash refund rather than voucher? I was sent a voucher but a few weeks ago requested the cash refund and just got it.

Please
or

ikus84 · 31/07/2020 15:50

I did a combination of copying and pasting my whingeing in their contact form on the website, the complaint form on the website, and emailing [email protected]ryanair.com

Please
or

Curlybrunette · 02/08/2020 11:59

I got an email on 23rd March saying my refund would be paid within 10 working days and I still haven't got it. I did a credit card charge back in mid-May and still haven't got it back that way either!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?