Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

How to get a refund from easyJet for a cancelled flight?

16 replies

tara66 · 21/07/2020 08:42

Does anyone have a contact email address or phone number that they have used recently to successfully get a refund for cancelled easyJet flight or know anyone at easyJet personally? I have not been able to contact them except via their set forms and have had no reply. I took insurance when I booked the flight. There are various emails addresses given on face book by a group trying to ''complain'' and get refunds - but they no longer ''work''. Some people have waited 2+ hours on the phone trying to talk to them. The various email addresses I tried yesterday all were returned to me as ''undelivered''. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

OP posts:
Please
or

drspouse · 21/07/2020 09:15

Did you book using a credit card, or a Visa debit? You could try going via them.

Please
or

ivykaty44 · 21/07/2020 09:21

I emailed the CEO
Dear sir

I just want a refund for a flight, £45
Unable to do this request online
Flight was for Wednesday 25/03/2020 Luton - Faro
Flight cancelled- fair enough
Reference Xyz
Flight was 2015 Luton to Faro

It’s now July 2020
My card I paid with has now expired

Your phone line constantly state you’re really busy

So set up to do refunds online

Name
Address
Postcode

Make sure you include post code for refund

I had an email 14 hours later saying the refund had been done and I would get money 3-5 days later
I now have the money

Please
or

kathryn19801 · 21/07/2020 09:23

My sister got through within 10 minutes of lines opening on Sunday morning at 8am. She couldn't get through other times previous week.

Please
or

ivykaty44 · 21/07/2020 09:24

Please
or

ivykaty44 · 21/07/2020 09:26

Strange isn’t it that these companies want the public to do everything online, booking, payments, checking in, printing tickets.

As soon as we need a refund we have to phone..? Nowhere to get refund online

Please
or

Redlocks28 · 21/07/2020 09:30

When your flight is cancelled, they send you an email which gives you choices of moving the flight, EasyJet vouchers or a refund.

It takes you to a very short online form to fill in, it was very easy. DC’s flight was supposed to be at the start of July and the refund came through last week.

Please
or

totalitarian · 21/07/2020 09:43

I don't get the problem. I've had numerous refunds from EasyJet and money back in my account within days. Much easier than my experience with Air France and Aerlingus.
On the email you receive re flight disruption there is a link to manage the booking. Rebook, vouchers or refund are the options given.
You do need to click a fair few buttons because the system keeps pleasing with you to consider a voucher instead. But the online form is straightforward

Please
or

ivykaty44 · 21/07/2020 09:51

I only got an email with a choice of voucher or move my flight to next year and pay over double what id paid to fly again with them. I searched everywhere for the refund money to bank account and it wasn't there.

So I emailed, job now done and money back

Please
or

tara66 · 21/07/2020 10:02

Thanks for replies - I have phoned 03303655000 this morning - which number I got via another number given me from Zurich Insurance to contact easyJet but I just got cut off after recorded messages. I have just email [email protected] as this was given out on facebook group. Will try CEO - good idea. I bought ticket on 26/5/20, on 10/6/20 they actually emailed me to ask if I would cancel my flight on 2/7/20 because it may be cancelled and get a voucher - which I did as
it seemed best alternative at the time. I never got a voucher - I think you have to rebook to get it but do not wish to do that ( some of their flights next year are very expensive). Some people do seem to be getting refunds.

OP posts:
Please
or

tara66 · 21/07/2020 10:25

Just to let you know - I have just had reply to my email to easyJet of today - they say as I accepted a voucher on 16/6/20 - which they asked me to do 10/6/20 - I now cannot claim any refund. So anyone wanting refund - don't take a voucher. My voucher is for £108 but next year's flights are a lot more expensive than that.

OP posts:
Please
or

Roussette · 21/07/2020 10:27

Why couldn't you go through the website on your cancelled flight and ask for a refund?
Yes, you have to turn down a credit note or change of flight a gazillion times, but it will let you request a refund.

I hurried it along by email too on [email protected]

You will of course need your booking reference etc.

Please
or

LoafingLiz · 21/07/2020 10:35

I got my refund through [email protected] within 2 days.

Please
or

ivykaty44 · 21/07/2020 11:02

@Roussette

I sent one email and got refund - simple
I didn't want to search a website that isn't made user friendly and I just wanted a refund not a voucher or another flight but pay extra - which was all I could find

Please
or

Roussette · 21/07/2020 12:06

I did mine through the website, but it was tricky to navigate the opposite to what they wanted you to do! It was a real case of read the small print. It was there, to be fair, but not easy.

Please
or

FoodieToo · 26/09/2020 19:55

Am amazed people got refund so easily. Out flight was cancelled in June. I immediately replied and said I wanted a refund. No refund.
A month later received a voucher.
Replied and said I wanted a refund .
Did the same again in August.
Still no refund.
Have 5 'Refund Request' confirmations now . Have rung them, used Twitter ( about 8 times ) and Facebook.
Our flight value is about 1200 euro, maybe that's the issue,
Have also emailed every single adress I can find. Nightmare !!

Please
or

SJaneS48 · 27/09/2020 09:09

Have sent you a PM @FoodieToo

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?