Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Recommendations for Sardinia

8 replies

MsMonkey · 16/07/2020 15:34

I've booked a week in Sardinia next May with my partner and baby who'll be around 18 months then.

Would be great to get recommendations for areas to stay and good hotels or apartments.

Ideally I'm looking for somewhere with a sandy shallow beach, few places to eat out at night nearby and a child-friendly place to stay with an adult and baby swimming pool.

I read the sea in the East can get a bit rough, not sure how things are on West and South?

Any other recommendations of places to visit while we are there would be good as we will have a hire car.

TIA

OP posts:
Please
or

Amberfest · 16/07/2020 16:05

Where are you flying into as getting around Sardinia is surprisingly slow due to lots of narrow and very wide roads so probably best to plan to stay roughly around a particular area (one holiday when ALL three of my DC were car sick every time we went out, not just the one who is the poor traveller, sticks in the mind).

Love Sardinia, though and lots of places can deliver what you are looking for.

Please
or

Amberfest · 16/07/2020 16:05

must proof read! Wide = winding

Please
or

MsMonkey · 16/07/2020 16:38

Thanks for the tip! Good to know re travelling around. We fly into Olbia

OP posts:
Please
or

MsMonkey · 16/07/2020 16:41

Actually no it's Cagliari, ignore the above post Smile

OP posts:
Please
or

LongPauseNoReply · 16/07/2020 16:44

We stayed on Costa Rei, took about an hour by car from Cagliari. Beautiful shallow water beaches, white sand, crystal blue sea. The village is right on the coast so plenty of restaurants and shops in easy strolling distance. We rented a seafront villa through Booking.com

Please
or

Baaaahhhhh · 16/07/2020 16:50

If you are flying into Cagliari, head south towards Chia. The beaches down there are amazing. Lots of hotels and villa's down that way, and if it is your thing there is a Forte Village down there, so you could have babysitting etc. Not for us, but it's always very popular.

Please
or

MsMonkey · 16/07/2020 19:31

Excellent, thank you both- will take a look at those.

OP posts:
Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 17/07/2020 05:00

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?