usernotfound0000 · 06/07/2020 12:38
So we have pretty much given to hope that our trip to Portugal will go ahead in 2 weeks. However it looks like our flight is still going ahead. Does anyone know if Ryanair will give a refund or travel vouchers if we can't go due to government advice? We do have travel insurance but they say to try and recoup costs from the airline first.
Elenorrigbywoes · 08/07/2020 10:36
I am in the same boat as you. We have flights booked for early August and the flight is scheduled to go - you can check on the app. We also have travel insurance but I'm not sure if we can recoup the flights.
Ryanair cancelled the outbound flight but the inbound flight was still going for my friend and she was refunded the cancelled flight only by Ryanair! She opened a dispute and lost. So I'm not too hopeful with Ryanair.
Our accommodation was great - a voucher to use next year and a 10% off voucher.
MeDented · 08/07/2020 10:42
I was in the same boat last week. My Ryanair flight still flew to Spain apparently but my return flights were booked through Easyjet and they cancelled those so we would have had no way of getting back. I have spoken to my Insurance Company, they have asked me to try and get a refund through my credit card first but to go back to them if I have no luck so I think I still have a chance of getting a refund eventually, just a lot of hoops to go through.
starfish18 · 13/07/2020 09:03
Hiya we were ment to go to Crete on Saturday 11th July but Crete won't allow uk into the country until the 15th July so Ryanair cancelled our flights...I think they would prefer u to re book the flights to another date so we have been given a voucher or we can have a refund x
usernotfound0000 · 13/07/2020 14:22
The problem we have is that our flight is still going. They will only offer a refund or voucher if they cancel the flight.
starfish18 · 13/07/2020 14:32
@usernotfound0000 ye ur have to wait to see if the flight is cancelled...we only found out 2 weeks before...we had brought everything as our little boy is 2 😔we've been offered a voucher now or our money back x
usernotfound0000 · 13/07/2020 14:55
They won't cancel, Ryanair have already said they won't. We should go in 7 days. The same flight that we should be on next week departed on time this morning.
Miniminiminimini · 13/07/2020 23:39
I contacted them recently about the same issue (Hungary not permitting U.K. passport holders into the country):
“Hi XXXXX, I'm Hubert from the social media team. If your flight is still planned to operate, I'm afraid that neither voucher nor refund are available. If you cannot use the flight, my advice would be to reschedule it on our website. Ryanair
We've waived the flight change fee for July/August flights, but only if they've been made after June 10th.”
I’ll be trying to claim off credit card as flight change fee is more expensive than the flight!
Pacif1cDogwood · 13/07/2020 23:44
Just sending solidarity - I'm in the same position...
Not holding my breath for any money back.
Family of 6 - 2 grand lost
mumwon · 14/07/2020 00:03
be aware getting debit cash back is possible too - but you will have to fight for it
the bank initially put up all sorts of confusing issues for me & they claimed I hadn't answered emails with details requested - what happened is they initially gave me one ref number but their requested I use another - which I used thinking they changed their ref number when they formally took it on - I rang up a few weeks later to be told there was a waiting period but it was going through. It wasn't - they had cancelled because I hadn't sent an email with first ref number - I sent complaint with threat of formal complaint to financial body & twitter to money - they than rang me & have so far sent me some money because they were at fault - I will see how long before they refund me cheque - frustrating how these companies are all making things difficult
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.