Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Easyjet flights

23 replies

Pintsizedblondie197 · 03/07/2020 21:04

I booked flights to Barcelona for this August yonks ago, with everything that's been going on, I would like to amend them to go next August instead. When you log on to the website, the flight schedule doesn't allow you to book that far in advance. I can't speak to anyone to change it, phone line is dead, they don't answer Facebook messenger messages. Any advice on what I can do? I don't want to lose the cost of my flights however I can't seem to get anywhere in changing it. Could I get a charge back on my credit card perhaps? Anyone else in this boat and managed to speak to someone? Thanks.

OP posts:
Please
or

Ratrace123 · 03/07/2020 22:39

Have you considered getting voucher? This should be an automatic option in manage my booking? Vouchers valid for a year - use towards any destination.

Please
or

GoBackToPartyCity · 03/07/2020 22:45

They haven’t released their August flights yet and I don’t think they will until the end of this month to be honest!
We’re flying on the 21st July and haven’t been given a voucher option. I think they’re only offering them for cancelled flights.

Please
or

Blimeyoreilly2020 · 03/07/2020 22:47

I can’t remember exactly (although I only did it a couple of weeks ago😳) but easy jet are letting you transfer dates...just not too far in advance yet...... I transferred our August 20 flights to May 21 with no additional costs and then, when they release the summer 21 flights, will transfer again...I think this is the only way you can really save your 💷... if there’s a better way someone let me know!!

Please
or

No1HolidayPlanner · 04/07/2020 09:30

From my understanding you will only be offered a voucher if your flight is cancelled.

We are booked for Crete on 30th July and both flights are scheduled. I want to move them to next July but EJ have not released them yet. You have up to 14 days before you fly to change free of charge so I hope July flights are released before 16th July so I can move them. If they are not released I will move to May 2021 then pay to move them again once summer 2021 flights are released. Can't think of any other way of not losing the cost of the flights.. but any other ideas welcome😊

Please
or

Frazzled2207 · 04/07/2020 09:32

If the flight actually goes ahead you may struggle to get a voucher unfortunately. It was really easy for us but our flight never took off.

Please
or

Pintsizedblondie197 · 04/07/2020 09:46

I just wanted a voucher because the flights weren't bookable yet in order to move them to August, I hadn't thought about moving to May and then moving again but that might be a good Plan B.

OP posts:
Please
or

MissClementine · 04/07/2020 09:55

We are looking to move our August flights which we booked last year, to next year at Easter time. I wasn’t sure whether we could then move them again but that would be good if we could even if we are charged. I’m hoping we can then change the dates of our insurance.

Please
or

zafferana · 04/07/2020 11:33

You shouldn't have long to wait to change your flights to next August OP. According to Easyjet's schedule release page on their website, flights for next summer will be available this month: www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release

Please
or

Pintsizedblondie197 · 04/07/2020 13:38

@zafferana thank you so much for this info, really helpful!

OP posts:
Please
or

Uhtredswoman · 04/07/2020 13:41

Apologies if you have already tried this number, but it was being answered this week? Good luck!

0330 365 5500

Please
or

noraclavicle · 07/07/2020 19:05

Our flights have just been changed rather than cancelled and vouchers are an option apparently. The catch is that you have to ring them and I don’t fancy my chances getting through!

Please
or

neonjumper · 07/07/2020 19:45

Our flights have been changed and offered a voucher but also to call the number if the voucher or first option is not acceptable.

Spent 3 hours on hold yesterday .

Am keeping a note of calls , emails sent as we may have to use chargeback if we can't get through and the date for flights come and go .

Tried the above number suggested but it's a staff contact number .

Please
or

Aramox · 12/07/2020 07:11

Same problem here, trying to postpone to next year , but @zafferana’s link looks hopeful- thanks!

Please
or

twolittleboysonetiredmum · 12/07/2020 07:16

I changed our August ones ages ago to February. Anyone know what the costs are to move again or does it vary with flights etc?

Please
or

rookiemere · 13/07/2020 07:31

No fee changes up to 14 days in advance , if new flights cost more you pay the difference, but don't get it back if it costs less.
Summer 2021 flights on release from Thursday morning I'd advise you to get up early to book at a reasonable price.

Please
or

MissClementine · 16/07/2020 21:17

We are wanting to change our flights from August this year to July next year. My DD would have been a child travelling this year but would become an adult fare next year, when I change the dates it still registers her as a child. Will this matter? There is nothing in FAQs and I know their phone lines are busy.

Please
or

2catsand2kids · 16/07/2020 22:42

@MissClementine Simone asked a very similar question to easyJet on Twitter this morning and they replied that it was easy to sort out but we need to be done through phoning customer services. I’m not sure whether you can do this after you’ve already booked the tickets or if you need to call them to book the tickets, I’m afraid it will probably mean a very long time on hold though.

Please
or

MissClementine · 16/07/2020 22:46

Thanks for that info, I have left the flights unchanged for now as wasn’t sure what to do, I guess I will have to call them.

Please
or

Tallace · 16/07/2020 22:51

@missclementine ive got exactly the same issue. I phoned their helpline (twice to check they were giving me the same answer), they said you can change the tickets online. Then phone up and they will manually change the ticket from child to adult. You will have to pay an extra bit of airline tax. I've changed my flights this morning, when next summers were released. i'll leave it a few days then phone up and get the ticket changed. I hope it works!

Please
or

MissClementine · 16/07/2020 22:59

Oh that’s interesting to hear, thank you. We thought that maybe the case but didn’t want to risk it. Good to hear they can sort it out.

Please
or

cantknowwhoiam · 16/07/2020 23:08

I was on hold for 4 hours 😬and was told that if I opted for a voucher I couldn't use it online and would have to phone the number is been on hold for to book my flights at the online prices.
I've gone for a full refund, yes it may take 28 days but I'm not comfortable with having a voucher

Please
or

Tallace · 17/07/2020 15:25

@missclementine
Just to update, i phoned easyjet today and they amended my sons seat from child to adult. Cost £13 extra in tax. I phoned 0330 3655001 only on hold for 5 mins.

Please
or

MissClementine · 17/07/2020 15:42

@Tallace. Thanks for the update, I changed the flights last night and will call to pay the extra in tax. Hopefully the call will be quick too. Thanks so much.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?