Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Travelling abroad to help with baby

0 replies

mamansnet · 30/06/2020 07:52

Hi all,

I'm based in France and expecting DC2 in late August. And I've just broken my ankle so am in a wheelchair/plaster until the last week of July.

We have no family nearby and the PILs are helping a lot throughout July, so I'm thinking of asking close friends in mid Wales and Northern Ireland if they might be able to visit and lend a hand with DS (3) at the start of August while I get back on my feet. Obviously it depends on Covid and I'd like to have an idea of the facts before I ask.

As I understand it, people will be able to fly to France via the travel corridor, but AFAIK the 5 mile rule is still in place in Wales, so would my friend there be allowed to go the airport? Or take the train to London and pick up the Eurostar? And there'll be no self-isolating on their return (unless things change by then), is that correct?

And how about NI? I assume the travel corridors apply there too?

Thanks in advance!

OP posts:
Please
or
to access all these features
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?